Shore Excursion Recos: Bahamas/HMC

wanderlust1026

Hello!

We will be sailing in just a few short days! Wanted to get some recommendations for shore excursions. I will be traveling with my husband and two sons (ages 3 and 6). We will be stopping in: Freeport, Nassau & Half Moon Cay.

Reading a lot of different reviews about how Freeport, Nassau are just dirty, not a lot to see or do and even different beach outings get different reactions (don't do this one - beach is desolate, dirty - etc). And some excursions are very expensive!

We have never been to any of these ports and would love opportunity to do a little excursion/explore the area or do something fun...maybe not necessarily beach all day long in each of the ports, perhaps do a little local shopping. We could stay onboard the ship but since we haven't been to any of these places we would like to explore and get off...but if the ports are dirty??

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I've been to Nassau twice..first time we took a taxi tour, probably not for your kids. Second time, we walked to Junkanoo beach..free, but glass in the sand and surf. I think there are free beaches near Atlantis. You can take a water taxi there I believe. I'm sure you have checked out the ports of call section. Lots of good info there.

In Nassau we have done the Pirates Museum and Ardastra Gardens and Zoo, both of which small children might enjoy. In Freeport we did Paradise Cove/Deadmans Reef for snorkeling. The beach is clean and private. The times we were there it was mostly cruisers-maybe 40 people. Both can be Googled and gotten at cheaper prices but you are still on the same transportation as those that paid Carnival's high price.:)

Archived