scrapbooking/cardmaking on Brilliance

craftymarie

hi all. we are sailing on Brilliance on 20th oct. just wondering if anyone has done these classes ? are they the same as other ships? I know I can go and get the free supplies and keep them to work on at home. is the crew member that teaches the class any good/ interested in crafts. I was on splendour and the crew person had no interest whatsoever, very disappointing. tia Marie

hi all. we are sailing on Brilliance on 20th oct. just wondering if anyone has done these classes ? are they the same as other ships? I know I can go and get the free supplies and keep them to work on at home. is the crew member that teaches the class any good/ interested in crafts. I was on splendour and the crew person had no interest whatsoever, very disappointing. tia Marie

May or may not apply, but my wife loves crafts and scrapbooking. We sailed on the Liberty in 2007 and then on the Indy in 2013. They had the exact same kits to use in their crafting sessions - 5 years apart and on different ships. We laughed about it - the staff member was far from an expert - and said she could make a "backup set". :)

My wife was looking forward to it, but ended up leaving and spent the time in the Solarium.

May or may not apply, but my wife loves crafts and scrapbooking. We sailed on the Liberty in 2007 and then on the Indy in 2013. They had the exact same kits to use in their crafting sessions - 5 years apart and on different ships. We laughed about it - the staff member was far from an expert - and said she could make a "backup set". :)

My wife was looking forward to it, but ended up leaving and spent the time in the Solarium.

that's what I thought. was hoping they had updated the kits tho. anyway I will go if only to meet more crafters:)

What exactly goes on at the scrapbooking event? Do you all work from a kit or do you work on your own scrapbook project? Is it a teaching event designed for beginners or do you work on your own with other people doing their own project? Are there supplies and materials available for purchase?

Just curious to know if my time will be wasted. I plan on going to a 2 day scrapbooking event after the cruise and will do my cruise project there.

Thanks for the replies!

Jean

Well, in the past they used to highlight special events; Bon voyage, Formal Night, Beach day. Then they began selling the packages, and from what I remember on my last sailing, they now charge for the packs, or give it free if you buy the larger package.

I stopped going a long time ago.

Don't get your hopes up on the calibre of the classes. My wife tells me they are most certainly geared towards beginners.

For scrapbooking classes, my wife could buy a kit that has the basics, and then could purchase small enevelopes of stickers, etc. They basically end the class with a single scrapbook page done.

Hi Marie,

I did the scrap booking class on the Brilliance last year, the kits were free and I thought they were very good! There were additional items that you could purchase. There was only myself, my boyfriend who i'd dragged along and two older ladies so the lady sat down at the table with us so it was nice to chat. We started making the cards our ourselves whilst the crew member demonstrated how to make an envelope, the other to two ladies followed her and by the end of session only an envelope was made! I enjoyed it though.

I have attended a jewelry making class, a button class, and a hair ornament class. The jewelry class was the only one where a RCCL staff person was involved. The others were led by fellow passengers who offered their services. They provided all the supplies and the instructions, and each of the classes were geared for the beginner. We did not have the opportunity to purchase additional supplies.

In the jewelry session and the hair ornament session, we copied the example the presenter had made.

Have a wonderful cruise whatever you decide!

Archived