Acme Oyster Metarie?

Doodah

If in Metairie, you may want to try Drago's instead. I think they were the original ones to do the charbroiled oysters. They are located at:

Drago’s Seafood Restaurant (Fat City, Metairie) -

http://www.dragosrestaurant.com/about/our-story/

3232 N. Arnoult Road, Metairie, LA 70002

They also have a restaurant inside of the Hilton on Canal St. by the French Quarter.

From a local's perspective, Drago's is the place to go. As a local, all of our family and friends go to Dragos's and view Acme as the place for tourists. My husband says that there is no comparsion in the two places when it comes to oysters. He is the oyster expert in our family, not me, but I love the other seafood at Drago's.

If in Metairie, you may want to try Drago's instead. I think they were the original ones to do the charbroiled oysters. They are located at:

Drago’s Seafood Restaurant (Fat City, Metairie) -

http://www.dragosrestaurant.com/about/our-story/

3232 N. Arnoult Road, Metairie, LA 70002

They also have a restaurant inside of the Hilton on Canal St. by the French Quarter.

From a local's perspective, Drago's is the place to go. As a local, all of our family and friends go to Dragos's and view Acme as the place for tourists. My husband says that there is no comparsion in the two places when it comes to oysters. He is the oyster expert in our family, not me, but I love the other seafood at Drago's.

Oops! Spelled Metairie wrong..... Thanks for giving info on Drago's, we have never tried them. We were looking for something before we get into FQ as there is a medical convention and nfl game same weekend we are leaving on our cruise, so know all of the FQ will be packed. Thanks Again!!

Oops! Spelled Metairie wrong..... Thanks for giving info on Drago's, we have never tried them. We were looking for something before we get into FQ as there is a medical convention and nfl game same weekend we are leaving on our cruise, so know all of the FQ will be packed. Thanks Again!!

Did you find a place in NO for the night before??? We've just about given up and planning to stay an hour or so out and go in Sunday morning. Cheapest still available seems to be over $700 per night!!!

Yes, it will be packed! Metairie is a much better option for times when the French Quarter is packed. You could wait a long time for a table and the hassle is not worth it. Drago's in Metairie has a lot of tables, free parking (as opposed to paying to park and probably walking a lot to get to the restaurant). In Metairie, restaurants have their own parking lots (and are free).

Also going on the weekend of 12/5, 12/6 and 12/7 is the Louisiana High School State Football Championship games being played in the Superdome. Lots of Downtown area hotels will be full.

Look for something off Veterans Blvd in Metairie area. Lots of restaurants and you should be able to find some hotel.

Did you find a place in NO for the night before??? We've just about given up and planning to stay an hour or so out and go in Sunday morning. Cheapest still available seems to be over $700 per night!!!

We decided to "take a chance" and booked at the Holiday Inn Westbank, Gretna. Our thinking was that the traffic would be terrible on Sunday morning traveling into the city from the north and west (because of the games), but not as bad from the east crossing the river and then right to the port. Hope we will not regret it......

Also going on the weekend of 12/5, 12/6 and 12/7 is the Louisiana High School State Football Championship games being played in the Superdome. Lots of Downtown area hotels will be full.

Look for something off Veterans Blvd in Metairie area. Lots of restaurants and you should be able to find some hotel.

Thanks for the additional info, it will be packed that weekend! We have already made our plans, but this should help others to make their plans. Thanks!

We decided to "take a chance" and booked at the Holiday Inn Westbank, Gretna. Our thinking was that the traffic would be terrible on Sunday morning traveling into the city from the north and west (because of the games), but not as bad from the east crossing the river and then right to the port. Hope we will not regret it......

I think you will be fine with your decision. If not, you will know different for next time.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Forums mobile app

Archived