Sugestion for a beach for the day in Barbados

Twiz

THE BOATYARD!! Just got back from a Carnival cruise that stopped in Barbados. We went to the Boatyard, $12pp, and had the best day of our cruise there. My 12yr old son had plenty to keep himself entertained, there was great food and drinks (decent prices), changing facilities, lounge chairs, umbrellas. i dont remember how much the taxi was, it wasnt much tho (under $5 or i would have rememberered if it was more). the sand there... wow! just amazing! and if you walk (facing the ocean) to the left about 10-15 minutes there is amazing snorkeling with tons of turtles (just go where all the boats are with paying people on them) for free. there is an inflatable iceberg to climb, an in-water trampoline, rope swing from the private dock, an elevated jumping platform, banana boat rides (not sure if those are extra or not tho as we didnt do them). there are jet skis available for rent to the right of the Boatyard at a decent price (didnt do those either but they were busy all day). the water is beautiful and there is ton of sealife on the piers of their dock to see. lots of sand dollars and starfish there too.

hope you have fun. again... best day of our cruise by a LONG shot! :cool:

The Boatyard would be where MTV would host a beach party. There are chairs, sun beds, a bar, water toys, organized "games" & possibly live music. If you are not up for that level of afternoon party, ask a cabbie to take you to a different local beach with rental chairs. I forgot the name of the smaller quieter one we went to.

The Boatyard is along Carlisle Bay and the beach is absolutely beautiful. We usually go to Lobster Alive...just beside The Boatyard and get chairs. The sand has a pink tint to it when the sun shines on it. We also usually walk there from the ship...about a 30 minute walk.

I dont mind a walk I will probably need to do some extra walking by then can you give me directions ??

Barbados was our last port on a very hectic port intensive itinerary so by that time all we wanted as a quiet beach with a chair, umbrella and cold beer. Found it right next the port and fit the bill perfectly - except one thing. Coral. The beach was great but just into the water thr bottom was all sharp coral so made it really hard to go in and cool off. But most of the day we were the only ones there (maybe because of the coral?) and it was very peaceful. So if looking for a quiet place check first for what's under the water if you want to get wet - or bring sturdy waterproof footwear.

Archived