Cloud 9 spa balcony cabin with minor?

moesyk4

I would love to splurge and get a spa balcony cabin for DH and I to use while onboard. We are going on the cruise with our then 4 year old son, who obviously wouldn't be using the spa, but when I do a mock booking of course it doesn't realize that my son is a minor. If I were to go through the entire booking and put in his birthdate, would that alter the price? Or do they charge no matter what? Right now it's adding almost $20 per day per person including our son.

I may not be understanding you. But how old your son is will not have any effect on the price of him or the room. The 3rd person rate is the same no matter the age. The 3rd & 4th people in Cloud 9 Spa rooms do not get access to the special steam rooms or T-pool, even if they are adults. It's only for the 1st 2 people. And even if the 2nd person is a minor, the price stays the same.

Carnival's stupid booking engine, with that "per person per day" thing can really confuse people. I'll try to break down a hypothetical example here.

Where you're at now in a regular balcony: 1st/2nd people=$600, 3rd person=$300, total=$1500.

Cloud 9 Spa balcony price: 1st/2nd people=$810, 3rd person=$300, total=$1920.

Instead of Carnival showing it to you that way, it gives you the averages of $500pp or $640pp. To upgrade to the Cloud 9 room for a 7-day cruise, that is $20 per person per day, or $140 extra per person. But the 3rd person rate is the same. (And in fact, it usually is the exact same within the same room type: balcony, OV, inside). So the extra cost to upgrade is usually totally on the 1st & 2nd persons rate. The access to the spa for the 1st/2nd person are included within the rate for a Cloud 9 room, whether that person is eligible to use the spa or not.

We are in a Spa balcony next week and can't wait!

Cloud 9 Spa room or not, there is no "child" prices. Everyone is on the same price point no matter age, just matters on how many are in the room as the 3rd, 4th, ect.. are less then the 1st and 2nd. You might be getting confused as minors are not allowed to use the Spa privileges offered through a Spa room.

Archived