Question about Cozumel Excursion

pamurchu

We are sailing Carnival Glory on July 30, the final stop being Cozumel. On the Carnival webpage a Caribbean Pirates Lobster Dinner is listed as an excursion. However when I try to pull it up to book, it is missing in the list of choices.:confused: We are in Cozumel until 10:00 PM, so I don't think it is because of a lack of time. Anyone have any information? Thank you!!

Hey Pam,

I am assuming that the list of shore excursions they list are not available for all ships/all sailings. I say this because I am traveling on the Conquest this Sunday and one of the shore excursions it lists is the trip to Chichen Ixta. I know Conquest doesn't have that excursion because it's a 12 hour trip and we're in port for only 8 hours.

:cool:

StorySue2003

Hey Pam,

If you are interested in better ideas (at least to me!:D ) about what to do in Cozumel, I'll be happy to give you some.

Remember, you're in Mexico, not Maine, so it would probably be the same tough, rubbery lobster you'll get included on your ship!!!

Cozumel has many fun things to do...depending on your particular desires. I love Chakanab Park and swimming with the dolphins. Others like the cruise to the private island, which includes a lovely lunch and is a perfect beach. Nightlife abounds in Cozumel at many famous restaurants. Go online and check out http://www.cozumelinsider.com for many ideas by an American who lives there and has for some time. There is also probably a pirate's sunset cruise which is a lot of fun if you don't mind those who drink a bit too much. !! Enjoy.....remember, it will be hot so take lots of bottled water wherever you go!!

Catch a taxi just outside the terminal to Chaukanaab (sp.?) State Park and go snorkeling. Incredibly beautiful...jungle is great, too. Restuarant is top notch, has always been very secure when we've been there.;)

Go to the end of the main street and go thru the gift shop (and believe it or not, it's a really nice one!) to Pancho's Backyard for margaritas (check with cruise director to make sure that's the correct name, but I think it's correct). Beautiful setting.:D

Carlos and Charlie's at night...all night (remember to get back on the ship:p ).

Pancho's Backyard is located in the back of Cinqo Soles. It's in the north end of San Miquel, near the museum. Chankanaab is great for snorkeling. So is Dzul-Ha. For an "all-inclusive" beach day try Nachi-Cocum. They have a special for $32. if you book in advance; you get unlimited drinks; lunch buffet; 1 hr use of water equipment (non-motorized); loungers; swimming pool if you don't care for the ocean; you can book snorkel boat excursions once you're there. I believe cozuemlinsider.com has the information. Here's a great website for beach descriptions and directions: http://www.cozumelmexico.net You go to the map and when you click on the beach name a description will pop up. Now don't get startled if you have your sound on because you're going to hear ocean sounds and seagulls.

Lastly, if you're more interested in a sightseeing type of tour you can go to Tulum but this involves a 40 minute ferry boat ride and a 1 hour bus ride each way and the ferry can get rather bumpy.

Have a great time.

Catch a taxi just outside the terminal to Chaukanaab (sp.?) State Park and go snorkeling. Incredibly beautiful...jungle is great, too. Restuarant is top notch, has always been very secure when we've been there.;)

Go to the end of the main street and go thru the gift shop (and believe it or not, it's a really nice one!) to Pancho's Backyard for margaritas (check with cruise director to make sure that's the correct name, but I think it's correct). Beautiful setting.:D

Carlos and Charlie's at night...all night (remember to get back on the ship:p ).

DH looked at the excursions and zeroed in on the Segway-Chaulanaab Park one. So we will take your suggestions about snorkeling and add a Segway ride to it! Sounds exciting. Thanks so much. This has to be better than rubber lobster and fake pirates! And we will cap off the night at C and C's!

Pam,

Sounds great! C&C's t shirts are actually somewhat of a collectors item these days. They change them out and older ones are often bartered right off my husband's back!!

Pick up an extra one, keep it in good shape for a couple of years, then carry it with you on another cruise in the Carib. and see what you might get offered for it;) !

Pam,

Seldom encounter people who are ambivelent about cruising..it's either FOR them or they really don't like it. Judging from your planning and involvement here, it's gonna be a LOVE IT situation:D !

That said, I can't wait to hear if you really NEED a t-shirt for an excuse!!!

(Besdes, my husband is already using it;) !)

Archived