choice of companies

daryleann

Does anyone have comments on Black Cat vs Akaroa Cruises for dolphin watching in Akaroa?

Lots of comments on Black Cat - does the cruise ship use them? Other company seems smaller - would we get closer to shore for viewing?

Thanks for any help.

I am sorry that I cannot help with any comments on Akaroa Cruises as both times we have used Black Cat when we have visited. We found them excellent - the boat was quite small and we had the dolphins playing right next to us, so close you it felt like you could almost touch them. I am not sure who the cruise lines use. We booked separately on line for a late morning (or maybe early afternoon, can't remember). People were buying tickets when we went but we were glad we had already purchased ours. We had to collect the actual ticket at the office on the pier.

Does anyone have comments on Black Cat vs Akaroa Cruises for dolphin watching in Akaroa?

Lots of comments on Black Cat - does the cruise ship use them? Other company seems smaller - would we get closer to shore for viewing?

Thanks for any help.

I've used Black Cat as well and can recommend them. We were on a Celebrity cruise and the ships tours used Black Cat as well (but their tour went out on a different boat to us). Prices were about the same HOWEVER Black Cat will refund/partial refund you if no sighting or no interaction when doing the "swimming with the dolphins" cruise. I'm not sure the ship organised cruise would do the same.

Cheers,

Archived