14 Days until Carnival Liberty - Let me know what you'd like to try to answer for you

Thank you for the tip on the hotel. We have booked it for our first night in Rome (9/17). The rate was right and so were the transfers. The staff (via email) has been very friendly and helpful. We are staying in Rome post cruise for three days but we did not book those nights because we thought we'd wait and see how we like the hotel before we commit to more days. Have you actually stayed there?

Regards,

Jack and Maritza

No we have not stayed at this particular hotel, but have traveled in Eurpoe extensively and enjoy the satifaction of finding a gem. We do not like the center city with all it's hustle and bustle and since we are using this stop to recover from jet lag it seems like a leasure stop. Please under stand we are in our 70's and are therefore quite laidback and can accept less than first class. I hope you enjoy our selection. you can e-mail me at jofs2@aol.com with your comments.Enjoy your cruise .....John and Mary Ann

I finally heard from my parents. They're having a wonderful time. Just checked the Web Cam, and they're leaving Barcelona now, heading for Cannes. Just two more ports and cruise is over! Can't wait to hear DETAILS!!

Carla

We have just booked the Sept. 18th cruise and are completely dumbfounded as to transfers from airport to port. We will actually arrive in Rome on Sept. 17th - early evening - so we'll probably stay near the airport (unless you or anyone else has other suggestions as to what we should do until cruise time.)

We'd love to hear about your tours and whether we should book them on the ship or when we are at port.

Hi

My husband Ron and I are taking that Liberty cruise on the 18th also and are arranging land tours through private companies if you are interested. We are especially interested in seeing Amalfi, Sorrento and Pompeii from the NAples port and Tuscany and Sienna from the Livorno port. Please get back to me if interested.

Anyone else too.

The more the merrier!

Mare

Actually, the private tours look very good. The cost is around $450-$500 for 6 people in a minivan. It is considerably cheaper than the cruiseline tours and are more personal. The prices get cheaper-the more people you get to go on it.

We will probably do the ship's tours in some ports but rely on some private tours oin the ports we really want to see the most.

How about Barcelona, Dubrovnik and Canne France?

And then there's Venice. I have not heard great things about Venice.

I hear that it's smelly and hot. Any advice for the backstreets?

I hear they are more interesting and quaint.

Does anyone have any recommendations for excursions in these ports?

I've just started searching for excursions and need any help I can get!

Thanks!

Mare

I finally heard from my parents. They're having a wonderful time. Just checked the Web Cam, and they're leaving Barcelona now, heading for Cannes. Just two more ports and cruise is over! Can't wait to hear DETAILS!!

Carla

Thats wonderful, hope they took lots of pics.

Looks like they're coming full circle right now. The ship should be docking in an hour or so. Here's to the maiden voyage and all the passengers - happy memories to you all, and please share share share with everyone here!

CarlaL

Looks like they're coming full circle right now. The ship should be docking in an hour or so. Here's to the maiden voyage and all the passengers - happy memories to you all, and please share share share with everyone here!

CarlaL

If your parents don't post, will you post everything they tell you;) ?

When will your parents return home? Are they staying over in Rome?

Welcome back SanfranBayCruiser!!!

I just have one quick question- a US passport is all needed for this cruise right?

Thanks!

LH

Since you are leaving the country and going to Europe, the answer is yes. Not only do you need it for the cruise, but you can't even fly to Europe without one.

Sanfranbaycruiser:

I would like to know what was considered the proper dress in the Basilica's, Vatican and etc.? Where you able to take pictures? How long of a wait at the

Vatican? Is the Vatican an all day tour?

• 3 weeks later...
Have you noticed if there are many tables for 2 on the Liberty? Thanks!

Just came back from the August 1 sailing. Did not see any tables for 2. I am not saying that there aren't any but I was on the lower level of the Silver dining room and I did not see any. Smallest table I saw was for 4.

Sanfranbaycruiser:

I would like to know what was considered the proper dress in the Basilica's, Vatican and etc.? Where you able to take pictures? How long of a wait at the

Vatican? Is the Vatican an all day tour?

Proper dress is women have to have their shoulders covered. We toured the Vatican as soon as we flew in and my boys had on shorts and were able to enter all buildings. Many males had shorts on. You are able to take pictures in many buildings except in the Sisteen Chaple. The Vatican is definitely an all day tour. We did not have the time and was not able to explore the lower levels.

Archived