Godfrey Tours Packages-Coral World, Coki

Hommiette

I will email Godfrey tours with this question, but thought I'd post on CC just in case others have experienced this and can provide feedback. I am traveling with hubby, daughter (8) and son (3) and would like to go to Coral World and Cokie beach as well as get a tour of the Island. I see Godfrey has a package that includes shopping, Coral World and tour and am wondering if he offered Coral World, Tour, and Beach as the kiddos won't be much into Shopping and it looks like he let's people shop for 2 hours. We'd rather spend that time at Coral or the Beach. Thanks in advance!

Received an email response from Godfrey and I guess shopping is always part of the tour :( Might have to look up the cost of a private taxi...dunno what to decide now! Don't want to rush through Coral World and Coki Beach, but would love a tour around the island as well as the transportation...

• 1 month later...
Received an email response from Godfrey and I guess shopping is always part of the tour :( Might have to look up the cost of a private taxi...dunno what to decide now! Don't want to rush through Coral World and Coki Beach, but would love a tour around the island as well as the transportation...

We also want to go to Coki Beach, Coral World and tour the island. Please post if you came up with such a tour.

I haven't contatcted him yet, but from the sounds of it, using Henry Triple E's tour might work out for us. We don't cruise till March 29th, so we have time, but based on the reviews on TripAdvisor he is very flexible. He also has a package on his site that has 2 hours of beach + 2 hours of tour. So i think this might be our best bet.

We also want to go to Coki Beach, Coral World and tour the island. Please post if you came up with such a tour.

We used Godfrey in the past for a private tour and he did what we dictated and paid for. Are you going as part of a larger group? Shopping was not on our agenda that we created and he quoted their services for.

It will just be 4 of us.

• 2 months later...

We were just in St. Thomas last week. We decided last minute to do Coral World. We picked up a taxi right outside the pier for $10 each person each way. It is about a 25 minute drive each way (more if you are driving in heavy traffic). You can probably do Coral World in about an hour. There really isn't too much to spend time on there. The Coki Beach is next door so you can walk the boardwalk to there.

This is a great little excursion. Coral World is pretty interesting. Coki Beach is adjacent to Coral World and the snorkeling is pretty good right from the beach. I wouldn't hesitate to do this again. We just got a taxi to Coral World and arranged for a pick up time - worked great and was cheap! Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Have done coral world and coki beach last two cruises. Took the jitney for a dollar maybe two per person. Spend all the time you want, we did the discover scuba last time at coki. Then when you go to leave, you can grab a taxi for a tour or just get back, there are plenty. We rode with a taxi driver who was fireman, don't remember his name, but gave a tour like ride back. He was great. The jitney drops you off down the hill, you have to walk a little. Not a long walk but big hill. Was worth the $8 savings per person for us. We never took the jitney back because the taxi drivers are dealing at the end of the day and we tend to stay late and don't want to chance the jitney. But going it's well worth it to us. No need to take a tour to coki and coral world, do it yourself it is really easy. We had time to shop at the port when we got back but never went downtown. Hope this helps.

Edited by Rapsmac

• 1 month later...

A jitney is a bus (think public minivan). You won't find any private taxis around. It's just how St Thomas is. If Coral World is what you want to do then don't bother with Godfrey's. Not worth the time. We rode with him and it was pretty much a waste of time and money.

• 2 weeks later...