Breakaway (paid entertainment)

rydan

Pajama jam:

Breakfast…. with the most sugar laden things you can imagine. :eek: Cupcakes, frosted donuts, even the pancakes had some hardened sugar coating on them. It was a very small buffet and lacked some of the staples. I wish I could remember exactly what they had, because everything was sweeeet.

It wasn’t advertised well but you could order an omelet. The servers had to go to one of the other kitchens to get it, which may be why it wasn’t advertised.

There were probably 10 characters that interacted with everyone. I recall SpongeBob, Patrick, Sandy, Dora, Diego, Fairly Odd Parents, a karate master (no idea) and there must have been more.

It was broken up well. It started off with everyone getting their food. Then they introduced all the characters and they did a little dance with the kids. After a few minutes of that, half the characters went to pre-assigned spots where everyone could meet them and get a picture. Once everyone got a chance to meet all the first set of characters, the 2nd set came back out, replacing the 1st set, and it started again.

There were lines but it worked out well in that the kids got to see all the characters.

Of course there are photographers with all the characters. I believe each child gets 1 free picture of the event, which you pick out at the photo gallery anytime during the cruise.

Then at the end everyone came back out and there was another dance.

The only reason to do this is if your children are into the characters.

Second City:

You get lunch. I believe there was a choice between chicken or fish.

The show was OK, not great. We did it with the kids because we heard it was the most family friendly of all the second city shows. My kids definitely enjoyed it more than DW and I did.

Archived