Central Bus Station at Heathrow

jonmar

My wife and I arrive at LHR terminal 3 on Sunday night, and will be taking National Express to Southampton. Can anyone advise the easiest route from the baggage claim in terminal 3 to the Central Bus Station at Heathrow? We arrive at 21:30 and would like to get the 22:30 bus. Thanks.

The latest news is that Kings Cross Station in London hopes to reopen this evening and, knowing London, they will want to have all public transport running normally as soon as possible.

National Express is not running into central London at present. See their web site at www.gobycoach.com for updates. However, as Heathrow is the last stop before central London they are probably still running services from Heathrow to Southampton. The news says that no flights are affected.

It would be best to check with the National Express web site and to buy tickets from it but I would be most surprised if things are not back to normal by Sunday.

The quickest route to the Central Bus Station is underground. If you try above ground, it will take longer. The underground connection is well-marked in all the terminals and - if you have your luggage on wheels or a trolley - you can get there easily in 10 minutes. There is a good website for Heathrow airport which will give you additional information if you want it. I just used the National Express bus service at Heathrow last week to and from Southampton (6/6/05). It also helps if you know which platform the bus departs from. Check the website or look for the information sign when you first arrive at the bus station.

Archived