Size of Conquest vs Sunshine

reneeadams

Destiny/Triumph/Victory always had the worst crowds.

The conquest class alleviated it a bit with the lengthening of that class, but it's just a bigger Destiny.

Sorry I think I must not be running on all cylinders today. What does "worst crowds" have to do with size of ship and how did the make the old Destiny the new "bigger Sunshine"?

Sorry I think I must not be running on all cylinders today. What does "worst crowds" have to do with size of ship and how did the make the old Destiny the new "bigger Sunshine"?

Passenger ratio. Deck 9 was too congested. Lengthening it on the Conquest helped.

The Sunshine just got the extra half deck that they already had on the other two sisters (Destiny was actually smaller). But they fixed the congested layout of the restaurant.

And now it has more cabins than the other two, for 500 extra people.

Ok let me clarify myself with more information. I am taking my Dad who doesnt travel (at all), but all of a sudden he wants to go on a cruise. I am wondering about the "awe" factor for him in relationship to size not capacity. Thank you

Again, could you tell the difference in size between the Triumph and the Conquest? I couldn't.

Ok let me clarify myself with more information. I am taking my Dad who doesnt travel (at all), but all of a sudden he wants to go on a cruise. I am wondering about the "awe" factor for him in relationship to size not capacity. Thank you

I think he will be pleasantly in awe, but to give him a preview go on carnival.com and look at the deck plans, you can zoom in and click on all the blue dots to take a virtual tour.

Here's the link:

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-sunshine.aspx

ETA: And as far as size goes though the Sunshine is about 20 tons smaller than the Conquest, she is still 3 football fields long and 14 stories tall. The Lobby atrium goes all the way up to deck 10 with glass atrium elevators just like on the Conquest. The only thing to me that might seem smaller and less impressive is the main show theater called the Liquid Lounge, it's only 2 levels instead of 3 and the chairs move apart on the main floor to transform it into a nightclub in the late night.

I think he will be pleasantly in awe, but to give him a preview go on carnival.com and look at the deck plans, you can zoom in and click on all the blue dots to take a virtual tour.

Here's the link:

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-sunshine.aspx

ETA: And as far as size goes though the Sunshine is about 20 tons smaller than the Conquest, she is still 3 football fields long and 14 stories tall. The Lobby atrium goes all the way up to deck 10 with glass atrium elevators just like on the Conquest. The only thing to me that might seem smaller and less impressive is the main show theater called the Liquid Lounge, it's only 2 levels instead of 3 and the chairs move apart on the main floor to transform it into a nightclub in the late night.

Thanks. Very helpful

Archived