Too MUCH SALT FOR ME!

geocruiser

Wait a minute -- are you saying that if I move from my very humid EC city to Colorado, I'd drop a dress size?! 'Cause that's the easiest diet tip I've ever heard. Except then I'd have to live in Colorado with all that cold and snow . . . so who would even see that I was down a dress size under the parka? Might as well stay where I am and be warm.

LOL. No, it wouldn't stay that way. I was back to normal in a couple of days. My skin is sure better at lower altitude, though.

Stay where you are and be warm. We're getting snow tomorrow.

Humidity and the salt water onboard has a lot to do with it. I live the same place as you but send me to Chicago in the summer and buying shoes goes out the window for a week. It's not the salt in the food.

Well then, I guess I should just trash my degree in human and environmental physiology. Probably the heat in the summer when you visit Chicago is what causes your feet to swell. Whole physiological explanation for that which would bore anyone except a physiologist.

I use very little salt because I was not raised eating salty foods and also because I appear to be sensitive to it. I also grew up in Mill Valley, CA, right on San Francisco Bay. Crewed on a sailboat in San Francisco Bay and up and down the coast. Swam in the ocean. No swollen ankles, ever. Based on that, for me, the food on Princess is quite salty. Consequently, I do get swollen ankles when on the ship. Also got them when I traveled in China--very inland there. But, quite hot.

Swollen ankles have a lot of causes. . .age, lack of mobility, cardiovascular health, to name a few, and too much salt. Drinking water and exercise can help some, diuretics for others, depending upon health conditions. More salt than used to, coupled with age. . .you could have a problem.

Archived