Royal or Norwegian

happyville

Congratulations, Op, truly a time to celebrate. We are not "married" to any particular line but do have loyalty status on Celebrity, NCL and RCCL. Unless you are high in the ranks of loyalty status I wouldn't necesarily base my choice on that.;)

We've been to Bermuda numerous times and on all three lines that I mentioned and not one of them was a bad cruise. For us, the ship is our way of getting to Bermuda.:)

You need to decide what is of importance to you. Do you prefer a smaller ship without all the bells and whistles, like rock climbing walls, ice skating rinks, etc.? Would you like to try a mega ships with everythying imaginable? Do you prefer traditional seating in the MDR, although each line has some variation of eating when you want. Do you want a more formal dress code, which is not always enforced, or do you want to dress casually most of the time?

Food is oh soooooo subjective so I won't even go there.

Can you give a bit more detail as to what you like and don't like? It might help to narrow things down for you.

I want to be "pampered" waited on with smiles and conversation. Not so much a big ship with all the bells and whistles but one that has great shows and entertainment. I can go either way with the dining.

First of all, congratulations. I will be 5 years cancer free the end of next April, so I know what a waiting and wondering game it is.

I cannot speak for RCL. I have never been on one of their ships, although the Oasis looks absolutely awesome and I would go in a heartbeat if I could only convince my hubby. That being said, I HAVE sailed twice with NCL and my third with them is coming up in November. I really like how relaxed everything is on NCL. No formal nights, no eating with people you don't know and may or may not get along with(yes, I know you can request your table be changed. What if you end up with the same type of people?). After dealing with a cancer diagnosis and all that goes with it, I like the idea of not having to be so rigid. Sailing out of Manhattan is so awesome, with Manhattan on one side and Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty on the other side. Whatever you decide, have a wonderful trip. You have earned every minute of it!

Thanks for the wonderful words and look only 1 more month to your 5 year mark Congrats! May you continue to have a healthy and happy life. Will be going to the Caribbean in May, I've learned to enjoy life and what better way to do it then cruising.