Hello Family cruisers!!

beachnapper

I'm new to cruising with kids but not new to cruising or cruise critic. My husband and I cruised 4 times between 2005 and 2010. We took a break from cruising due to the pregnancy and birth of our twins. While on my cruising hiatus I lost my CC log in information so I created a new profile. When I told my mom that my new logon was beachnapper she laughed... well I used to be a beach napper before the kids. Maybe I will be able to have a nice nap on the beach in the future but for now I'll enjoy building sandcastles with the kids. Looking forward to learning more about family cruising from all of you. We are currently booked for an eastern caribbean trip on Freedom of The Seas in January 14.

Thanks all!!

My twin girls will be 25 months when we sail. Luckily my parents and my 19 year old step daughter will be cruising with us so we will have plenty of help and with adjoining balcony cabins we should have enough space.

Gardener of love, do you have any excursions planned on your next cruise?

it's different...not the same experience as without kids. way less planning, more downtime, more fun, less drinking, less shopping.

^^^Exactly!!! Couldn't agree more!!! Just got home from a cruise 2 weeks ago with our 18.5mo and it was definitely a different experience. Just go with the flow, they will get tired so let them nap, and use the time to catch up on your sleep, or magazines, etc.

You will love the Freedom! Their H2O zone will be perfect for your twins. If you plan on going to the dining room try to bring a few crayons and coloring pages or stickers to keep them busy. We always ask our head waiter to put our DD's dinner order in first so she can eat right away. Have fun and like the others said go with the flow.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived