The Manhattan Club Restaurant

Thnks for clarifying. When eating out at home, the two of us are almost always seated at a table for four. We actually prefer it as it gives us more elbow room than a table for two. Three at a table for six is a little too roomy, but you can still sit near each other even if the table is half empty. I have read many reports about the noise level in the Manhattan Room. Bad acoustics, too many people, and loud entertainment do not make for an environment conducive to quiet conversation. Has little to do with the size of the table, IMO.

We had dinner at the Manhattan Room 6 out of 7 nights. We reserved a table for six adjoining the dance floor and had that same table every night with the same outstanding waiters. Service and food were excellent and we enjoyed the music of the band and piano player as well as the Burn the Floor show. We had an ideal table but be advised the room is huge and tables in the far corners will not be able to appreciate the music. On some evenings, half the dance floor is occupied by tables. If you wish to dine there on the evening the Burn the Floor group is performing, I suggest you make a reservation well in advance for a table near the dance floor. For more details, check my Sept. 15th review in the cruisecritic review section.

No one ever asked us what table size we wanted; we simply asked to be seated as a party of two. I imagine they were just seating people at available tables. We waited 20 minutes for the table we got. There was no one else seated at that table nor did anyone join us.

The same thing happened on embarkation day when we ate in Taste.

I really don't remember seeing a lot of tables for two.

Leslie

I am leaving for this cruise on Sunday and I'm going solo. I kind of thought the Manhattan Room would be perfect for me because of the entertainment, since I will likely be dining alone... so I am really disappointed to hear that there are not many tables for two. And I would hope they would not put me at a larger table than that because I would feel ridiculous! Should I maybe try to reserve a smaller table ahead of time? I hate to do that because having a set dining time sort of ruins the "freestyle" aspect of the cruise, but after reading this thread I am wondering if it might be necessary.

I dined with my wife in the Manhattan Room 5 of 7 nights in early September. I recall seeing singles at small tables most every evening, I am certain that you will be accommodated by the dining staff. They were excellent and went out of their way to seat us in requested areas. Patience also helps, as there are peak times when the venues get busy. We were later eaters, typically after 8 pm.

Bon Appetito.

I dined with my wife in the Manhattan Room 5 of 7 nights in early September. I recall seeing singles at small tables most every evening, I am certain that you will be accommodated by the dining staff. They were excellent and went out of their way to seat us in requested areas. Patience also helps, as there are peak times when the venues get busy. We were later eaters, typically after 8 pm.

Bon Appetito.

Thanks for the info. I feel much better now... and can't wait until tomorrow!

Archived