The Manhattan Club Restaurant

Have anyone dined at the Manhattan Club Restaurant on the Breakaway. I undertand that it is has a band during dinner. Any information that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Have anyone dined at the Manhattan Club Restaurant on the Breakaway. I undertand that it is has a band during dinner. Any information that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thousands dine there since it's one of the two main dining rooms. They often have a band playing there during dinner.

What information are you looking for? It's one of 3 main dinning rooms, it has a dance floor, band, and on some nights a short performance from the cast of Burn the Floor.

Yes it is one of the three main dinning area's, along with Taste and Savor.

That being said, it was one of my least favorite dinning options....because of the band and singer. If you are dinning with others, it was very hard to hear what anyone was saying, espically as the staff tended to put people at a larger table than nessary (at least in our experience) we were a party of 4, and were seating at a table for 6...

found ourselves shouting over the music to have a normal dinner conversation :(

If it was just my husband and myself however...I probably would have preferred to have the band and singer playing while we ate....we tend to run out of conversation pretty quick LOL :)

My husband and I dined there one night on our cruise last week. I believe it was on the Thursday night. We decided to dine there that night because the cast of Burn the Floor were going to do a short performance of approximately 30 minutes during dinner. After the Burn the Floor performance, there was someone playing the piano.

We had dinner here two nights and we thought the service here was better (quicker) than the other two dining rooms but we liked the ambiance better in Taste and Savor. One night we just had the piano player and the other night no music and both times we felt that it was too loud in there. Additionally, they seated us in not so pleasant locations....one was on the dance floor area where the spotlights up above were basically in your face and the other was at a table for six and we were only three.:rolleyes:

We had dinner here two nights and we thought the service here was better (quicker) than the other two dining rooms but we liked the ambiance better in Taste and Savor. One night we just had the piano player and the other night no music and both times we felt that it was too loud in there. Additionally, they seated us in not so pleasant locations....one was on the dance floor area where the spotlights up above were basically in your face and the other was at a table for six and we were only three.:rolleyes:

Wondering if those who were seated at tables larger than their own party were asked first, if so, why was it agreed to? Did you feel that you would be seated sooner?

We ate dinner in this dining room twice, mostly to take advantage of the music and dance between courses. I think the band hours may have been published in the dailies.

In terms of seating, we were a party of two. One time we were seated at a table for 4, the other time a table for 2. I think it had more to do with what tables were available; we had to wait 20 minutes for the table for 4. But then we were on in July, when crowds were the norm (at least in my experience).

Leslie

We ate dinner in this dining room twice, mostly to take advantage of the music and dance between courses. I think the band hours may have been published in the dailies.

In terms of seating, we were a party of two. One time we were seated at a table for 4, the other time a table for 2. I think it had more to do with what tables were available; we had to wait 20 minutes for the table for 4. But then we were on in July, when crowds were the norm (at least in my experience).

Leslie

But, did they ASK you if you wanted a table for four?

No one ever asked if we wanted or "prefer" a table for six, when we were a party of four.

Nor did we think to ask before we were seated, to make sure we were seated at a table for four. We showed up, said party of four...and were seated at a table for six....never even thought about requesting a change of seating....

but then again, we only ate there the one time...overall to loud for conversation. We then ate in speciality dinning venues or at Taste (we perfered that over Savor).

We did eat one night at the "Seafood Buffet" which was disappointing to say the least.

Overall, the food was good....not great :)

This is NOT Freestyle. Will Not be acceptable when we are on the Epic and Getaway. Ask or inform us first. We will choose if we want a table with additional people!.

Well they never said there was extra people seated with them?

This is NOT Freestyle. Will Not be acceptable when we are on the Epic and Getaway. Ask or inform us first. We will choose if we want a table with additional people!.

Being seated at a table with extra seats dies not mean people will fill those seats. People have reported (and I have experienced) the opposite - wanting to be sat with others and the staff seating my party alone.

You will not be seated with others unless you ask to be. However, it isn't going to happen unless other people make the same request and it seems most people prefer to stay with just their own party.

Being seated at a table with extra seats dies not mean people will fill those seats. People have reported (and I have experienced) the opposite - wanting to be sat with others and the staff seating my party alone.

Maybe there wasn't anyone else who wanted to share a table at the time you were there. We had My Time Dining on Carnival and it was just the opposite, at least on the ships we were on. Unless you requested a table for two they always seated us with others. When we requested a table for two there was a longer wait.

Well they never said there was extra people seated with them?

If you are a party of four and are seated at a table which will seat six, why would you even think to mention it at all unless two extra people were actually seated with you? I think it's pretty obvious that was the case. If not, they can clarify.

If you are a party of four and are seated at a table which will seat six, why would you even think to mention it at all unless two extra people were actually seated with you? I think it's pretty obvious that was the case. If not, they can clarify.

I don't know. I thought they were speaking of the size of the table and not being able to converse with eachother because the music was so loud and they were too far apart? So obviously it's not that obvious, thank you.

We have a reservation one night at 7:30pm for Burn The Floor. Does that mean we can show up sometime before that for dinner and stay for our showing?

No.

Your reservation is for the full Burn the Floor show in the theater. The dining room show in the Manhattan MDR is completely separate from that.

Wondering if those who were seated at tables larger than their own party were asked first, if so, why was it agreed to? Did you feel that you would be seated sooner?
No we were not asked.

I think you misunderstood. There were not other people seated at the table. We thought it was odd that they placed us (party of 3) at a table for six. I mentioned it because I noticed another poster had the same situation. As a result of this, it most likely made the "loudness" a little worst than it already was.

But, did they ASK you if you wanted a table for four?

No one ever asked us what table size we wanted; we simply asked to be seated as a party of two. I imagine they were just seating people at available tables. We waited 20 minutes for the table we got. There was no one else seated at that table nor did anyone join us.

The same thing happened on embarkation day when we ate in Taste.

I really don't remember seeing a lot of tables for two.

Leslie

Archived