Goff Caye or Caye Caulker for snorkel excursion

Motorcycle Gma

I'd like to get close to the reef to do some snorkeling. I've read on here Tsunami Adventures has tours to both Shark Ray Alley and local Caye Caulker marine reef. Both sound interesting. Not sure if times will work out with my ship yet.

I don't know anything about snorkeling at Goff's caye? Anyone?? Or, if you have any other snorkeling suggestions for Belize, I'd appreciate it. I know several have suggested Seasports Belize, but they are expensive & mixed reviews about getting back to ship.

I'd love to go to Ambergis Caye, but the airline tix & tour seem pricey. Anyone done this lately?

I've not been to Goff's, but have been to Caulker a few times--diving and snorkeling. Given where Goff's is located--I would guess the visibility would normally be better at Caulker or Ambergris due to runoff from the mainland.

1 vote for Caye Caulker. We once did a ship excursion snorkeling off Caulker with Nurse Sharks and Southern Stingrays. It was a nice trip and they picked us up at the cruise ship AND fed us massive amounts of Rum Punch on the way back to the ship!! We usually organize our own diving or snorkeling, but not usually in Belize; as it is such a long tender ride to Belize City. SeaSports is a dive shop just outside the tender terminal in Belize City--just take a left out the gate for a block or 2, before the swing bridge............

Jim, thanks for the reply. From this, it sounds like you did Shark Ray Alley at the Hol Chan reserve? Is this true? I'm not sure Carnival offers a trip there, but I'm thinking of attempting it on our own. DH is very disappointed we don't get to dive with the sharks in Roatan because of time issues.

I think its a long way there unless we fly though. How long was your boat ride out there? Thanks

Archived