Virgin Gorda & the Baths

ging466

I have always had Virgin Gorda & the Baths on my bucket list.

The cruise I've just booked goes to a couple of other islands in the Caribbean that I haven't been to but it also goes to Spanish Town and it would give me the opportunity to visit the Baths.

I'm wondering whether it really is as spectacular as the pics I've seen.

So for those of u esteemed SS cruisers who have already been there, my question is: Is it worth visiting? (bearing in mind, I'm travelling from Sydney to get there:cool:)

Cheers

Jennifer

It is a must. The beah is just georgous, the most beautiful beach. I suggest at the pier Egbert, he will take you on a sppedboat, drop you off directly on the beah. Last time we were there,we were sunday, no ferry. I found Edgbert, who took us, we were 20 persons at best. The greatest day ever. Enjoy

We did the Baths last November. My two cents is they aren't worth the trip from Sydney as the primary focus of your trip. However, if you are already going to be in the neighborhood, they are most certainly worth the time and effort. Personally, we enjoyed them immensely!

Yes, The Baths are lovely but can be overrun with tourists even from other islands via fast ferries. It is unique only because of the big boulders. The crystal clear water is found everywhere on Virgin Gorda. Go very early or late if possible to avoid the worst of the crowds. If you find it to be overly crowded consider going to one of the adjacent beaches instead.

Not to be missed. We visited in March and had a wonderful day.

The beaches are beautiful and it is great fun, but you do have a long uphill walk after. Our excursion included a wonderful buffet lunch at Fischer's Cove Hotel with phenomenal views. Go!

Ging, it is quite a walk down, therefore you must come back up! It really is beautiful tho'. Anen't you closer to the Seychelles than the Caribbean? LaDigue also has massive boulders on the beaches and in the clear water. BUT, the real issue is...if you really want to go...GO!

I can't speak for myself, because Virgin Gorda was the one port we had to miss on the Spirit cruise Christmas/NY 2011. :(

Seas were too rough for the tenders and we had to go to Road Town (?) instead. I was incredibly disappointed because out of the whole itinerary, Virgin Gorda was the port I was looking forward to the most.

When I spoke to other guests on the cruise, many had already been there and their opinions echo much of what I'm reading here on the thread.

However, it's still on my bucket list!

Thank u everyone for your insight.

duct tape...I have La Digue on the bucket list too...still waiting for SS to bring back that lovely itinerary that went to the Seychelles.

Going to the Seychelles or the Caribbean is pretty much the same for me...they are both a really long way:(

Cheers

Jennifer

Archived