Royal Princess Mini Suites MA

Mercury

Has anyone stayed in the CAT MA mini suites? These mini suites have balconies which appear to be angled when looking at the deckplan. Does this make the balcony bigger /smaller? Would you recommend booking this mini suite category?

I am looking specifically at A432 as I need a cabin that has a 4 person occupancy.

Many thanks for any replies.

I have booked mid ship MA mini suite with angled balcony on the Regal. Would like to know how the larger balconies look. There were 2 angled, one with a larger balcony than the other. If you could peek at both to let us know how table and chairs fit that would be great. They sure charge a premium for those cabins and I would hate the splurge if the balcony isn't nice( a photo would be wonderful).

I have booked mid ship MA mini suite with angled balcony on the Regal. Would like to know how the larger balconies look. There were 2 angled, one with a larger balcony than the other. If you could peek at both to let us know how table and chairs fit that would be great. They sure charge a premium for those cabins and I would hate the splurge if the balcony isn't nice( a photo would be wonderful).

I am interested to know what the angled balcony is like. Is it bigger than the standard balconies and would you recommend this cabin?

Thanks HRPro :)

I'll do my best. We aren't in the largest of the angled balconies, but I'll see if I can get some pictures of the largest ones. Some are 54 square feet and the largest are 72 square feet, so both are definitely larger than the standard balconies.

We had completed a cruise on the M.S. Royal Princess during the end of August. We had booked a mini-suite and I think our room was R 410 Port Side. Due to the angle of the ship our balcony was much larger than standard, we had no problem with 3 people sitting outside. In addition, being on the Port Side we had no problems with individuals on the Sky-Way being able to look into the cabin.

There are serious deficiencies with the ship including lack of a central staircase and too few pools. But, fortunately, our room, was not one of them. Fairly large, nicely laid out with an excellent balcony.

enjoy

We had completed a cruise on the M.S. Royal Princess during the end of August. We had booked a mini-suite and I think our room was R 410 Port Side. Due to the angle of the ship our balcony was much larger than standard, we had no problem with 3 people sitting outside. In addition, being on the Port Side we had no problems with individuals on the Sky-Way being able to look into the cabin.

There are serious deficiencies with the ship including lack of a central staircase and too few pools. But, fortunately, our room, was not one of them. Fairly large, nicely laid out with an excellent balcony.

enjoy

Thank-you for your very informative post. I had no idea that it is necessary to book a cabin portside. Is this only with regards to the mini suites on Deck R or is it relevant to other decks too?

I'll do my best. We aren't in the largest of the angled balconies, but I'll see if I can get some pictures of the largest ones. Some are 54 square feet and the largest are 72 square feet, so both are definitely larger than the standard balconies.

Thank-you - that will be much appreciated!

I don't know if you are aware that A432 is wheelchair assessible which is probably why it is a little larger. If no one in your cabin needs a wheelchair, you may want to check to see if the bathroom is standard. I believe it will not have a bathtub - not sure if the sink would be lower.

I don't know if you are aware that A432 is wheelchair assessible which is probably why it is a little larger. If no one in your cabin needs a wheelchair, you may want to check to see if the bathroom is standard. I believe it will not have a bathtub - not sure if the sink would be lower.

Thank-you for pointing that out to me. I see there is a white dot on this cabin (does that mean wheelchair accessible?) I am still getting used to the symbols that Princess uses!

Has anyone stayed in the CAT MA mini suites? These mini suites have balconies which appear to be angled when looking at the deckplan. Does this make the balcony bigger /smaller? Would you recommend booking this mini suite category?

I am looking specifically at A432 as I need a cabin that has a 4 person occupancy.

Hi - I have booked a MA mini-suite with the extended balcony on the Baja deck, but won't sail till Nov.

I've looked at a 2013-2014 Cruise Atlas (not seeing occupancy info on the Princess website) and it seems to indicate this stateroom will sleep 3 people. According to the Atlas, a red dot indicates the stateroom will accommodate a 3rd or 4th person. It looks like some of the MB category staterooms on Aloha might sleep 4, but they don't have the extended balcony.

Probably the best way to find out which mini-suites sleep 4 people is to call Princess directly at 1-800-PRINCESS. I've never needed to sleep extra people, but I believe the extra berths come down out of the ceiling.

This is a Handicapped accessible room, which I believe means it has a roll-in shower - definitely does not have a tub.

The extended balconies are 4' on the shorter side and 8' on the longer side, giving them more total sq. footage than the non-angled balconies.

Here are a few pictures from Stateroom D429 taken by someone who cruised earlier this year - sorry I don't know how to make them larger.

529772196_D407-AngledBalacony.jpg.d117cedab9e26453fc057ff8729ceab5.jpg

1923698980_D429-4ftside.jpg.244f714f626c4e691c95f0102ad9a65e.jpg

1969578330_D429-8ftside.jpg.f6d474aa48d0750992445bc3d7799a81.jpg

Edited by S'villeGals

We had completed a cruise on the M.S. Royal Princess during the end of August. We had booked a mini-suite and I think our room was R 410 Port Side. ....enjoy

Thank-you for your very informative post. I had no idea that it is necessary to book a cabin portside. Is this only with regards to the mini suites on Deck R or is it relevant to other decks too?

Hi - ship talk can be confusing - Port Side means the left side of the ship when you are facing the front of the ship - on the Royal Princess, all these staterooms end in an even number, regardless of the deck.

If you want to be on the side of the ship that is always next to the port/dock, that is a bit trickier, as you often don't know in advance which side of the ship will be next to the dock.

Hope this is more helpful than confusing.:)

On the port side there is a bar near the shywaythis partially obstructs the view of the walkway, because of this all of the rooms on the port side under the skyway have more privacy

Hi - ship talk can be confusing - Port Side means the left side of the ship when you are facing the front of the ship - on the Royal Princess' date=' all these staterooms end in an even number, regardless of the deck.

If you want to be on the side of the ship that is always next to the port/dock, that is a bit trickier, as you often don't know in advance which side of the ship will be next to the dock.

Hope this is more helpful than confusing.:)[/quote']

We had cabin R 410, port side or left side of the ship facing forward.

Hi - ship talk can be confusing - Port Side means the left side of the ship when you are facing the front of the ship - on the Royal Princess' date=' all these staterooms end in an even number, regardless of the deck.

Hope this is more helpful than confusing.:)[/quote']

Thanks for your photos s'villeGals. Yes, you are right - I see the particular cabin I quoted is a 3 berth. I saw the white dot and thought it meant 4 berth, but then found out that the white dot referred to wheelchair accessible and it is a red dot that I need for a 4 person cabin!

I know that port means left side. It seemed, from the previous poster's advice, that it is necessary to book on the port (left) side, otherwise people on the Sky Way are able to look into the cabin.

Thank-you for pointing that out to me. I see there is a white dot on this cabin (does that mean wheelchair accessible?) I am still getting used to the symbols that Princess uses!

I still have too look up the symbols too. I just clicked on that room while looking at the Royal princess deck plans. I was checking them out to see if I thought they were worth upgrading from the balcony cabin we're currentily booked in. It definitely says wheelchair assessible with a shower instead of a tub. I believe the 1st mini suites in that area closest to the elevators (port or starboard) on all the decks may be wheelchair assessible.

Apologies for so many posts - I'm doing this piece-meal rather than doing everything then responding.

I just clicked on the Plan a Cruise tab on the Princes website. In the Search Cruises feature you can specify that you need a mini-suite with 4 passengers per stateroom. Narrow down the search with Ship - Destination - Cruise length, etc. Once you select your cruise date and hit Continue, you'll be able to select an area of the ship and then a deck.

Happy traveling.

Thanks for your photos s'villeGals. Yes, you are right - I see the particular cabin I quoted is a 3 berth. I saw the white dot and thought it meant 4 berth, but then found out that the white dot referred to wheelchair accessible and it is a red dot that I need for a 4 person cabin!

I know that port means left side. It seemed, from the previous poster's advice, that it is necessary to book on the port (left) side, otherwise people on the Sky Way are able to look into the cabin.

Apologies - totally misread that post.:o

My brother had R428 on the Royal. It had the largest angled balcony @ 72sq ft. The mini suite had a sofa bed that sleeps two, with a curtain dividing the two rooms for privacy. There were two chairs with detached ottomans and one small table on the balcony. Compared to the standard balconies (mine was R444)and deluxe balconies, both the same size, much larger. The larger mini suite on Aloha deck is for handicapped and the balcony is also larger. In years past, you had to be using a wheelchair to book a handicapped room..or wait until the last minute to book it if no one else did. Not sure if that is still the rule.

I was just assigned A433 on the Royal TA next week. I'll try to let you know what it's like. I didn't even realize it was handicapped till this thread, so now I'm really excited. It looks huge.

• 7 months later...

enjoy

We have both the A410 and A414 booked on Regal for Nov. Can you please tell me if the glass partitions open up. It would be nice to have an extra huge balcony

• 5 months later...
We have both the A410 and A414 booked on Regal for Nov. Can you please tell me if the glass partitions open up. It would be nice to have an extra huge balcony

Hey Cruisn'Queen, mind reporting back when you see your room on if privacy is a concern from the windows in the Seaview Bar? I was just assigned room r408 (right next to your 410 room) on a cruise in January and am curious on whether people will be able to see into our balcony and room or not.

Thanks!