NCL Star

We were on the NCL Sun last summer to Alaska and were on the NCL Star a few months ago in April to Mexico. Both ships were great. The Star has more eating venues. The Star had a coffee pot in the room and when we went on the Sun they had a teakettle, but possibly that was a fleetwide change. Crew, food, and entertainment were comparable. Except that the seats in the main showroom on the Star were very uncomfortable, unless you choose the second story peripheral seating. No big deal, I didn't hear anybody else complain about it. Maybe it's just me.

Both great cruises!

Hi Funny1,

Haven't seen you around the boards much since we got off the STAR. We've booked the same trip again for next Feb. I hope you have fun on the Island Princess in November, looks like a great cruise.

:D

funny1 remarked how uncomfortable the seats are in the main showroom. I'm glad we weren't the only ones who noticed this. They are the most uncomfortable theatre seats we've ever had to sit in. We couldn't wait for shows to end to get out of them, even skipped some shows just to avoid them. This was the only thing we did not like the about the Star, the rest of the ship is awesome as was the cruise.

KJ

We, too, are booked on the 18 Sep 05 cruise from SEA. It's hard to look at the ship here in town every weekend and not be able to leave with them. Looking forward, now that final payment is made.

Karen, we feel the same way. Sailing on the Star Oct 16th. Decided to head downtown one Sunday a few weeks ago to see the ship up close and did a bike ride along the trail at Myrtle Edwards park up to Palisades. Then watched the Star sail away. Too bad we werent on-board - 3 months to go!

We, too, are booked on the 18 Sep 05 cruise from SEA. It's hard to look at the ship here in town every weekend and not be able to leave with them. Looking forward, now that final payment is made.

I've got some great pictures of the Star and what to expect on your cruise to Alaska. I am so ready to go again. Wish I could go with you!

Have a wonderful cruise! I know you will!

It's so funny that the Star's theatre seats are mentioned here. You know what it is. The seat is too small, when sitting the edge does not get close to the bend of your leg and they are pitched forward and down so you feel like you are always about to fall out of it. It was uncomfortable adjusting to this and enjoying the shows. I had forgotten about this problem until seeing it here. We sailed on her to Mexico this past January and will be on her again in 8 days! Marilyn

Do you think if a bunch of us complain they'll change the seats? LOL

There are some very comfortable seats on the upper level, but you have to get there early.

Great to hear you're going on the Star again, IMMARGARET, I know you'll have a great time!

Archived