How does Oceania Rate?

KeepCruizen

I get a real kick reading comments from the self proclaimed experts who profer to know what's really going on.

The reality is that when cruise lines reduce the length of their cruises by substituting hotel stays pre and post cruise, its because demand for their cruises is so strong, that by reducing the length of the cruise, they can actually "turn" their cruises MORE often and embark MORE guests, thus maximizing revenue and profits. It's a sign of strength, not weakness!!

I urge everyone to always buy travel insurance. Not so much to guard against vendor default ( that protection is by definition, convered by U.S. federal consumer credit card protection laws, so always pay your cruise or any other travel component with a credit card) but to protect travellers against other risks (medical emergency, trip interuuption etc.).

I also urge everyone NOT to cruise, fly, drive or stay with any company, that for whatever reason, real, imagined or otherwise, you don't feel 110% confident. No vendor wants that kind of customer, certainly not Oceania Cruises.

Regards

Frank

Just incidentally (we may not be the ones you referred to), we have not claimed to be "experts", just one couple of male/female cats, and ordinary individual consumers (we have made that clear repeatedly). Also, just curious, while we have no information on our "public profile" page on this board, somehow the FDR "public profile" page does not show up at all on this board, it just goes totally blank when you press that item. What happened? In any case, we do appreciate a cruise line owner who shows up regularly on this board and let us know that he is interested in our opinion, nomatter whether something can be done or not. I think this type of "presence" should be encouraged, for all cruise lines!

Frank all I know is I will be with you in February. As long as I have a great time, and after seeing the 360 of Martinis I know I will, and you make money helping me have a good time, I think we both work togehter in side-by-side goals.

Now, as I said, I am going to get insurance becasue that is what I always do, but if, just say if, I got stranded in any of the destinations I am going to in February on this ship due to financial failures, somehow I think I will be just fine and it wouldn't be the end of the world. I'll just call work and tell them I will be delayed.

Archived