Zuiderdam cabins blocked by lifeboat/tenders

Watson's aunt

Hi

will be going to Panama Canal on November 8. at moment I have a vf guarantee. Looking at ship do the lifeboats/tenders block you view if you are in the middle of the ship. This will be my first balcony I do not want to look down and see the top of a tender. I love the sea and love looking down at the movement of the ship and water. I found one review. which mention looking down on a tender. I would be disappoint if I got stuck with a cabin which blocks my view. I do know VF is not over the tenders. I just want a good cabin

Thanks

Mary

That's kind of the problem with guarantees. Once everyone else has chosen their cabin then guarantees get assigned and you get what's left over. Sometimes its good, so keep your fingers crossed. The last time I booked a VF guarantee on the Zuiderdam I got assigned VA on deck 7 right by the rear elevators and that was a good spot for us. Not all VF cabins are on top of the tenders anyway but maybe that's all that'll be left when assignments are being done. Who knows.

One night on the Zuiderdam we had a tablemate who got one of those cabins looking down on a tender and she was most unhappy with it. Not the view so much as the noise. The tender wasn't sitting quite right in the cradle and bang, clang, bang all night long. They complained continuously and the staff who checked it said it complied with safety regulations and they couldn't do anything about the noise.

Archived