Solo traveler question for Isa

catsforkids

Thanks for all your advice Isa. What a resource you are!:)

Question: I am a solo traveler and love to snorkel. Would you recommend the Marriott, Cabana, Sea Aquarium or Blue Bay for the best snorkeling? Or another beach close to town?

I am on the island only from 1-11pm.

I am used to snorkeling by myself and am a strong swimmer. I worry more about taking a taxi by myself ;)

Hi Linda,

Unfortunately none of the beaches you mentioned are really popular for snorkeling.

Cabana/Seaquarium is a man-made beach with some little fish and if you swim further to the wave breaker you might see some coral.

The beaches further West are better for snorkeling (Lagun, Knip, Cas Abao, Porto Marie, Daaibooi), but this are far and expensive if you're by yourself.

If you have to stay closer to the ship and by yourself, I would go to Blue Bay. It's not far and safe.

Taxis are very safe. If you want, you can pick a female driver if this makes you feel safer. But they are all reliable, no worries.

Have a fun cruise!

Thanks Isa! Just what I wanted to know. Glad to hear taxis are safe. And it is the cost that worries me too ;)

Absolutely no one on my 2 roll calls are interested in sharing a taxi to Cas Abou. Blows my mind! No one wants a beautiful beach day in the Caribbean? Amazing....

Archived