alchol and carnival

pandarider123

No kidding. Actually when I'm cruising I can eat like a horse and drink like a fish and don't gain weight because we are walking ALL the time. Think I'm going to get a Fitbit just so I can see exactly how far I walk. I swear it's like 10,000 miles in the 5-7 day timeframe!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We always take the stairs as well!

Me too, I don't like elevators, so do stairs and stairs and more stairs all day long!

Terribly claustrophobic so I avoid elevators whenever I can! That's what I love about staying on the 2nd floor, up the stairs to wherever I want to go.

I can't tell you how many morbidly obese people were on our cruise last week downing all those calorie loaded drinks!

I am in no way fat. So if I want to drink all those calorie laden beverages, then by golly, I'm gonna do it. :D I don't drink at all any other time. It's my vacation. That's the beauty of being an adult. We're all free to make our own decisions and accept the consequences.

I am in no way fat. So if I want to drink all those calorie laden beverages, then by golly, I'm gonna do it. :D I don't drink at all any other time. It's my vacation. That's the beauty of being an adult. We're all free to make our own decisions and accept the consequences.

You bet!!

Kiss on the lips is my favorite frosty drink. Half Strawberry Daiquiri and half mango daiquiri. mmmmm

And I swear I lost weight last cruise, simply because of just how active we were, and the fact we drank more than we ate. :) Rarely ate at the buffet, I think twice in a 7 day cruise. So we definitely worked off the daiquiris and martinis... Alchemy Bar, yum!

No kidding. Actually when I'm cruising I can eat like a horse and drink like a fish and don't gain weight because we are walking ALL the time. Think I'm going to get a Fitbit just so I can see exactly how far I walk. I swear it's like 10,000 miles in the 5-7 day timeframe!

My DW got a Fit Bit prior to our last cruise. She only used the stairs. So did I (mostly).

She averaged 20,000 steps each day and was over 100 flight of stairs one day. She became obsessed with that silly thing.

She actually paces as she brushes her teeth so she can run up the step count.:rolleyes: I've lost her to a tiny plastic gadget.:eek:

My DW got a Fit Bit prior to our last cruise. She only used the stairs. So did I (mostly).

She averaged 20,000 steps each day and was over 100 flight of stairs one day. She became obsessed with that silly thing.

She actually paces as she brushes her teeth so she can run up the step count.:rolleyes: I've lost her to a tiny plastic gadget.:eek:

Hahahaha! Which one did she get? I'm thinking of the cheapest one that's like $50-$60.

Hahahaha! Which one did she get? I'm thinking of the cheapest one that's like $50-$60.

DW has the FitBit One. The cheapest one does not have the stair counter.

Hers was $100

(She is sitting next to me otherwise I would have no idea. She also doesn't know I told about the teeth brushing info so don't say nothing)

I can't tell you how many morbidly obese people were on our cruise last week downing all those calorie loaded drinks!

I can't tell u how many people in this world are morbidly RuDe!! I'm not fat. I'm sure as heck not skinny but in todays society I am just fine. So before you go judging other people you need to check your self. Everyone paid the way to cruise and eat ir drink what they wanted to. Its their bodies not yours!! I find ppl like you really really really rude and someday you will have someone say things that aren't nice. I'm sure there are ppl in this forum that may have a few extra pounds. Have you thought some ppl can't control the way bodies carry weight? Think before you type!!!

I can't tell u how many people in this world are morbidly RuDe!! I'm not fat. I'm sure as heck not skinny but in todays society I am just fine. So before you go judging other people you need to check your self. Everyone paid the way to cruise and eat ir drink what they wanted to. Its their bodies not yours!! I find ppl like you really really really rude and someday you will have someone say things that aren't nice. I'm sure there are ppl in this forum that may have a few extra pounds. Have you thought some ppl can't control the way bodies carry weight? Think before you type!!!

Well said, I don't really like the sweet fruity drinks so I'll be having ultimate margarita's. But drink what you enjoy and hang what the "fit" people think. I would rather be a little heavy and unattractive on the outside then downright ugly on the inside!

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with you here. Some thoughts are better left kept to ones self. I came across a recent (partial) review of the ship I'm about to sail on. The OP was off to a good start, but then he made a comment about the "large structures" on his cruise (was referring to overweight people) and it went south from there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1935155

I noticed he never came back to finish his review after the responses to his rude remark.

Apologies, I should have clarified, the drink of the day is very watered down and weak. I cannot comment on most other mixed drinks. I've never been kicked off, placed in irons, or walked the plank for packing several minis in different locations of my checked luggage.

I find this too, if you get one from a waiter who has been walking around. However, if you go to a bar and order fresh, it is pretty good.

We use the mantra "take the stairs and you can have dessert"! We keep reminding ourselves what we have to do to keep the weight off if we want to really enjoy the food and drink on vacation!

We use the mantra "take the stairs and you can have dessert"! We keep reminding ourselves what we have to do to keep the weight off if we want to really enjoy the food and drink on vacation!

Exactly! I did get a Fitbit for my October Glory cruise and one day I climbed 37 flights of stairs!

One of my favorite things about a Carnival cruise is their fruity drinks, and the Drinks of the Day!!! My favorite is the Funship Special, hands down. It's served as you board on the first day. I do try all of the drinks of the day, and almost always come back to the funship special at some point in the day. I will note here, that I am not a big drinker while not on vaca, usually, lol. But on my cruises, I drink MOST of the day!! I've even saved my bar bill for scrapbooking! I also eat all of my meals and do plenty of activities, and LOTS of walking, so I'm not walking around drunk all day...more like pleasantly buzzed...HA!! The drinks are just TOO delicious! Im definitely going to have to try that Miami Vice and Kiss on the lips!

What is in a Kiss On The Lips?

Thanks!

Kiss on the Lips--a Carnival favorite

1 - 1 1/2 oz peach schnapps

4 - 6 oz frozen mango mix

1 tbsp grenadine syrup

The mango mix should be blended with crushed ice firstly with the schnapps. Pour the schnapps and mango mix into a cocktail glass with the grenadine already placed at the bottom.