wrist bands at pelican beach

cruzobsessed

has anyone been to pelican beach? can you verify that they put wrist bands on their guests? my step son and his family (live in ft. lauderdale) were planning on visiting us while we were there. the wrist band thing sort of bows that plan out of the water. someone please let me know.

Hi Cruzobsessed...we are booked for the Pelican Beach for next March and I am constantly checking on Tripadvisor for the reviews...so far so good !

I did read one review though that mentioned the wrist band things, but my interpretation of it was that it was only for the 4th July weekend celebrations as no other review has mentioned them.

I would normally suggest an e.mail to the hotel but that is my only complaint with the Pelican so far...they take forever and a day to respond to e.mails so perhaps if noone on the boards can help, you should give them a quick call for reassurance.

N.B I did notice on their confirmation letter something about no partying or entertaining guests in your room, but I hardly think having your family ther will come under this rule.

Good Luck

Happycruzer

i e-mailed pelican beach while posting.....i'm going july 29th and needed to know an answer. i offered to buy a day pass if it's offered because i would feel terrible if my family couldn't join us there. thanks for responding and i'll post my review when i get home.

Hi Cruzobsessed.....great to hear that you are going soon to the Pelican, I look forward to your review.

One thing I would mention though is that any e.mails I have sent them have taken weeks to be answered, despite me sending the same e.mail on 3 occassions it took almost 4 weeks before I got a reply, I have since asked (on 6/30th a couple of questions regarding our booking and as yet no reply.

So you might be safer to call them on their free phone number ( it is not free to us here in the UK so I need to rely on e.mails as against long distance call charges)

Hope you have a wonderful trip and look forward to hearing all about it.

Happycruzer

i will definitely call them with my queston if i don't hear from them soon. if these questions of yours are not private......tell me and i would be happy to ask them and tell you the answers. we are all in this together!!!

are you cruising with royal carib jewel of the seas? we were on that ship last december....it is awesome

Thank you so much for the offer of asking our questions for us at the Pelican Beach...still no reply to my e.mail today...

I had actually asked them a couple of questions.....On their Web page they now advertise a 'Romance Package...which is only about $10 more than we are paying.....and as our vacation is to celebrate my birthday (50) and my DSL will celebrate his birthday too, plus my DD and DSL are on their first vacation since getting married (they had to totally remodel thier home so no spare $$ for vacations until then) I thought the 'Romance package would be a nice surprise for them and a nice touch for DH and I....So I have asked them if it would be a possiblilty to have it during our stay.

I also asked them for a receipt for my deposit and also if they could mail me a few brochures of the hotel ( which I undertand they should now have as they were in the process of having noew ones printed)

I really will be obliged to you if you can get me some answers, the reservation is in the name of Hynes and it is 2 suites for March 19th 2006 for 5 nights.

Thank you so much and I do hope that they can do something to help you with your family visiting ( I think it would be very unreasonable of them if they do not allow visitors and I for one would not be happy)

We are really looking forward to our cruise on the Jewel and it will be our first with RCI, the ship was in Greenock/Scotland a couple of weeks ago on route to the Baltics and I went to the port to see it..WOW! now all I need is the patience to wait another 7 months lol. But it is great to hear so many good reports on the Jewel and is very reassuring for me and my family.So thank you for that too.

Look forward to hearing all about your stay in the Pelican and good luck with your family visit !

Thank you again for your help.

Happycruzer

hi happy, i finally got a response to my e-mail and am more confused than before.....i took your questions from your post....did a cut and paste and attached it to another e-mail where i asked them to explain their policy again. they probably think i need help!!!! anyway, if you don't hear from them now, they will send me the response to your questions and i'll post them.

firstly,

the whole wrist band thing is usually during peak holiday times or if the hotel is fully booked. they do this to protect the paying guests so that there are enough chairs, the pools aren't too crowded etc. they said that they will work with me as far as my visitors are concerned and that when we check in we'll handle it. i offered to pay for a "day pass" or the equivalent.

happycruzers......i sent them a list of your questions and i didn't get a response. did they finally repond to you? the woman who's been helping us is....sherri kruse her e-mail address is.........sherrikruse@pelicanbeach.com she has been very helpful. good luck and as soon as i get back i will definitely post a review. we'll be there in 2 weeks.

Hi Cruzobsessed....delighted to hear that you have resolved your problems with the wrist bands...now you just have to sit back, relax and wait for the time to pass before your vacation....what a lovely thought !

I am afraid to say that I still have had no response to my e.mail which incidently was sent to Sherri Kruse...in fact I sent a copy to Heidi in reservations (who I had spoken to on the telephone) and also as a last resort I send a copy to Mr Krusse (the hotel owner) I think it may be lost somewhere in cyberspace !

But as I have 7 more months to wait before my visit I guess I have plenty of time to sort things out !

I appreciate everything that you done on my behalf...I really am amazed and delighted at how helpful and kind the folks on these boards are..their willingness to help total strangers is a delight to see. Thank you Again.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation and I look forward to reading all about it on your return...some lovely photos would go down well too...even some of the suites etc....

Have a wonderful and safe trip.

Happycruzer aka sandra

hi sandra......i have finally gotten my answer from sherree kruze. when i go there, i am actually meeting with her on saturday july 30th. i am going to take your questions with me and tell her that you've been trying to reach her for a long time. i will get the answers and post them for you.

cheryl

Hi Cheryl...I cant thank you enough for all the help you have given me with this.....a million thank you's !!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope that you have a wonderful time on both your cruise and your stay at the Pelican Beach....it seems to be getting great reviews on Tripadvisor but the only complaint seems to be with their personnel...hope its just teething problems as they are not opened too long !

Have a great time and I look forward to hearing all about it on your return.

Thank you again...it is so very kind of you !!!

Sandra

Archived