Allure 9/22/13: A Story Review w/drama, humor, Pics & Video

Wow, what a nice compliment, I'm glad that you are enjoying it! Sometimes I think I'm posting for myself (LOL). But I know there's many who just read and don't comment (I'm one of them!) and that's fine as long as it's being read I know my efforts are not just for me:D

We're still here!! This is an absolutely stunning review in every regard. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your vacation with us. We are looking at our plans for next year, and even though we were just on the Allure a couple of years ago, I must admit, you've piqued my interest for a return!

A few pictures while we wait for Po…..

IMG_5496-L.jpg

This lady has the right Idea, wine and shopping (my favorite pastime!)…..

IMG_5492-L.jpg

They have TV’s outside of on-air I usually just saw sports being played…

IMG_5490-L.jpg

IMG_5488-L.jpg

We took a seat at starbarks and DD plays with her new doll purchased at the Gift Shop, she comes with an evening gown as well.

_MG_5522-L.jpg

_MG_5525-L.jpg

The Blue Planet pics are great.

Could you please share what your camera settings were for these shots?

not that I'll be able to take pics as good, but I can try :(

Hi Thank You,

I had it set to manual mode with the following settings:

ISO: 5000

Shutter: 1/160

Aperture: 4.5

I don't remember what White Balance was set to

Hope it works for you:)

So many of us read and laugh and enjoy and don't post, but just know that we all are enjoying your review and being with your family as we read day to day reports. Thanks for taking the time to do the review.

Kay

Thank you Kay, I know everyone's reading along, I appreciate it and all the wonderful comments and compliments! I have really enjoyed doing this, I wasn't planning on it so it's taken longer than I expected. More to come....

After the picture with Po, we went back to the cabin to shower and dress. It only took DD and I 30 minutes total to get ready (it was a record!!) I wanted to be down at the promenade by 7:15 the latest for the 7:45 parade. We arrived at 7:00 and all the good seats were already taken. Remember the good seats are right in front of Sorrento's or the Bow & Stern. I found an empty tiny little spot and the Bow and Stern and I managed to squeeze in two little stools that I took from inside the bar. So on with the photos (there's lots!!!).....

_MG_5544-L.jpg

_MG_5550-L.jpg

_MG_5562-L.jpg

_MG_5554-L.jpg

_MG_5566-L.jpg

_MG_5571-L.jpg

_MG_5639-L.jpg

_MG_5640-L.jpg

_MG_5644-L.jpg

Minutes after the parade, our lovely Captain appears at the rising tide bar. He thanked all the passengers for choosing Royal Caribbean and the typical Captain announcements. I'm assuming this is the captain, I actually googled it but some other blond guys comes up so I'm not sure who this is. Sorry these are the things I don't pay much attention to.

_MG_5649-L.jpg

_MG_5652-L.jpg

Hi Thank You,

I had it set to manual mode with the following settings:

ISO: 5000

Shutter: 1/160

Aperture: 4.5

I don't remember what White Balance was set to

Hope it works for you:)

Thank you so much!! I wrote this down and put it in my cruise folder.

I wonder if ISO 3200 will be good enough :confused: - that's the highest available on my camera. Hmmmm. Might be a reason to get that new camera as a Christmas present for myself instead of next year's birthday present :D

We decided to finally get off as we were already 15 minutes late for dinner, I could have stayed there all night listening to music and drinking wine. At dinner our waiters sang again and then sang happy birthday to DD with a special dessert which DH ate!!

Our Waiter - John

_MG_5696-L.jpg

Head Waiter (Don't remember the name)

_MG_5698-L.jpg

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a picture of the assistant (she was awesome and we left her a nice tip!).

_MG_5700-L.jpg.

For dinner, I had the turkey dinner (it was recommended and very good!) I think this was the night I had the Key Lime Pie as well it was VERY GOOD! I LOVE KEY LIME PIE!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to put together this fun, entertaining and beautiful review. Beautiful family, may you have many, many wonderful memories yet to make together. You pictures are stunning. I especially enjoyed your sense of humor, loved when you told your daughter you would have the captain turn the ship around! I have said similar things many times to my son. Life's blessings to you and your wonderful family.

I'm so sad that this is coming to an end. Your review is very well done and the pics are amazing, I am very envious because cameras and I just don't mesh, no matter how hard I try I just never get good pictures, the pics turn out fine but once I see them I think to myself - what the crap was I taking there..

Your family is beautiful and I hope to see you on a cruise someday.

Thanks for taking all of this time to do your review.