1st time-Dining question

Snooky57

[B]Hi Ya'all from Tennessee!

I have a question about the diningrooms (excluding the Steak House) on Carnival ... I know that the burger joints and all of the other eateries around the ship are free eats, but I'm not sure about the actual sit down, order your meal resteraunts like the dining room.. Are they also free? Being my 1st time.. I just don't want any suprises.. I have read ALL the FAQS that I can find on the subject in the Carnival site and I am still questionable... Can someone please enlighten me on this subject? Thanks In Advance...[/b]

Your meals in the main dining room are free, but wine, alchohol and some coffees (like cappachino) do have a charge. If you bring your own bottle of wine to dinner they will charge you a "corking" fee. But as far as your meals=they are free=and if you want seconds on that lobster dinner, they are free, and thirds, and a plate of something else, etc.

We enjoy breakfast in the main dining room (MDR) and lunch on sea days. Gets you out of the weather for a while and it's nice to have that extra service. In fact we eat as few meals as possible at the buffet (no control) and dont forget that room service food is free too (except booze) but you do need to tip. I hope you have a great cruise.

[B]Hi Ya'all from Tennessee!

I have a question about the diningrooms (excluding the Steak House) on Carnival ... I know that the burger joints and all of the other eateries around the ship are free eats, but I'm not sure about the actual sit down, order your meal resteraunts like the dining room.. Are they also free? Being my 1st time.. I just don't want any suprises.. I have read ALL the FAQS that I can find on the subject in the Carnival site and I am still questionable... Can someone please enlighten me on this subject? Thanks In Advance...[/b]

Hi, Snooky, and welcome to Cruise Critic Carnival board from a fellow Tennessean. Here is a link to lots of general information about Carnival cruising. If you would like to share what ship you are sailing on or considering, your fellow CC friends will likely tell you lots of fun things about your ship.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/first_time_included.htm

Well Thank you so Much WINDAWN! I will most surly check that out! We are going on the Glory in March for a Western Caribbean.. I see you have been on the Glory as well! What Part of Tennessee are you in.. Im right up by the Bristol Race Track!

Main dining room (all meals), the Lido deck buffets, and the Fish & Chips, Guy's burgers, the Cantina are included in your cruise fare. Coffee shop, steakhouse, and other specialty cafe's etc are extra. No all are on all ships.

Sent from my MB886 using Forums mobile app

Hi, back at you from Florida!!

Some ships have a fee based restaurant onboard. Other than that and the specialty coffee venue (which charges a small fee for coffee and desserts), all food venues (including room service) are included in your cruise fare. I bring some one dollar bills with me so I can tip the wait staff that delivers my room service order, that's all. Also, if you eat in the Main Dining Room for dinner, you can order multiple appetizers, entrees, and desserts. Sometimes we order an extra app and entree for the table and share. The only suggestion I would make is to try to order everything at once, don't worry, they will stagger the dishes. If you wait until you're finished with your entree to order another one, it throws off the rhythm of the wait staff.

Have a great cruise!!

Well Thank you so Much WINDAWN! I will most surly check that out! We are going on the Glory in March for a Western Caribbean.. I see you have been on the Glory as well! What Part of Tennessee are you in.. Im right up by the Bristol Race Track!

I am in Middle Tennessee, very close to Nashville. I have sailed on Glory, but it was 5 years ago and Glory has undergone the wonderful 2.0 upgrades since then. Glory is a Conquest class ship with nearly 3,000 passengers. You will love the new 2.0 upgrades. Are you familiar with the 2.0 upgrade details, Snooky?

I am in Middle Tennessee, very close to Nashville. I have sailed on Glory, but it was 5 years ago and Glory has undergone the wonderful 2.0 upgrades since then. Glory is a Conquest class ship with nearly 3,000 passengers. You will love the new 2.0 upgrades. Are you familiar with the 2.0 upgrade details, Snooky?

No.. I did read about it however.. Since I have never been on a cruise before I have nothing to compare it to.. My daughter and I have become cruise addicts already and have't even stepped one foot on a ship yet! We are looking for a 2nd cruise to take her 2 youngest sons with us. The are 14-15 yrs old right now so I'm sure they would enjoy it as well..

Archived