Christmas Day

kaeffe

We are going to be in Roatan Christmas day off the Carnival Sunshine. Do y'all think there will be anything do to on Christmas Day. We are wondering if the the tour guides and excursions will be going on. Does anyone have any experience being in a port on Christmas.

Christmas is part of high season on the island I can't imagine anyone willing to lose money do to it being the 25th of Dec. I can't imagine your ship company saying, yet sure we will take you but hey keep in mind no excursions on the 25th.

Being I have been wrong in the past.. :)

toss your cruise company email, then toss a few of the tour companies on the island a note... this way you get info from the horses mouth so to speak.

Depends on the island and the religious backround.

I know some islands shut down completely for Christmas and other important holidays. (to them, not us)

I would definitely shoot an e-mail to any independent excursions you are considering for clarification.

You can try your cruiseline, but I wouldn't trust someone working at Headquarters in Miami, to definitively know holiday closures in Roatan.

(or their superiors)

Independent operators would be a much better source of info.

Bill

Archived