National cruise vacation month....no past guest or early saver

Checked out the new sale as well...we're not expecting to get a price drop because there's only one Vista Suite left on our cruise, and I'm sure the price will stay steady with what we paid. As others have said, same price, only now you pay $200 more up front and get $200 back on board. Same sale, different marketing tactic!

Every time I click on the deal to check my pricing, it tells me there are no cruises available for my selections - and I have not selected anything but 6-9 day cruises! I have no idea why it is not working for me.

I had to view the sailings without using my VFIP# in order to see the new vacation month offers. Still, with the sale prices going up by the same amount of the OBC, it's not enticing me to book more trips for that deal. I will wait for something better.

I booked on Friday under the "fall preview sale" (or whatever they called it) and I checked today under the new sale and my fare has gone up $200 but then I would get $200 obc.... so it's really the same price. I'm glad I booked when I did, as I'd rather have my $$ than pay it now and get obc then!!

I was booked under Residency Rates (was cheaper than Fall Sale or Past Guest sale when I booked), and under this new National Cruise Month sale, my cruise went up $160... but I get $200 back - Net $40 back to me... I took it. I'll pay the extra $160 now and have some $$$ in the bank when I get onboard, including their extra $40

I'd guess they still come out ahead or at least break even with that, because the $200 OBC goes right back to them for products that cost them less than that. It makes sense in my head at least.

I guess you could look at it that way. I figure if you are booking now at the higher rates and getting $200 they aren't really making anymore money since that $200 would go towards our gratuities $175 and we'd have $25 leftover so we are basically getting free gratuities and an 8 x 10 photo. lol

Bill

When carnival introduced all of the new rates, it dawned on me then that they were phasing out early saver. :( It looks as though the best rates will be left to those who won't book until the last minute and don't mind having carnival pick out their cabin assignments...:cool:

What would you consider the "last minute" -- Living in Washington DC and sailing out of Baltimore, I wouldn't mind playing this game.

I'm glad thst I booked far enough out to get early saver. Price drops after final payment and I took advantage of the price drop/upgrade in the 2014 preview sale. The current sale does nothing for me. We'd just be prepaying for obc and hoping that we didn't lose it pricematching later on.

I guess you could look at it that way. I figure if you are booking now at the higher rates and getting $200 they aren't really making anymore money since that $200 would go towards our gratuities $175 and we'd have $25 leftover so we are basically getting free gratuities and an 8 x 10 photo. lol

Bill

I'm very glad you mentioned this because I am considering a 6 day on the Freedom for March. Does CCL allow you to use OBC that they gave you towards gratuities? I read on CC that some lines don't allow this unless it is OBC that a person paid for [i.e. a gift] and not OBC that the cruiseline awarded you. I have never had experience with OBC before on any of my cruises so if you are sure this is the case it would be worth it for me to book during this sale. The price works out to the same as it would have under the preview sale when the OBC is factored in. Thanks :)

Archived