Miami Car Rental/ Port shuttle

HHW

I have been searching the posts about car rentals and drop offs at the port of Miami and I am now totally confused.

Can anyone who has rented a car in Miami pre cruise (recently) please tell me who you rented with and if there was a drop off at the port, or shuttle from the airport to port provided by the car rental agency?

So far, I have a car reserved at Hertz...they say that they provide a free shuttle to the port, but I have read before about a port drop off site???

Also, have a tetative reservation with Budget...no shuttle, or drop off and only 6.00 cheaper than Hertz.

Thank you for your input.

• 2 weeks later...

I rented with Dollar in Dec. and they had a shuttle to the port and back. I rented pre and post cruise and it worked out fine. Drop your party at the port-take the car back to the airport and jump on the shuttle back to the port. I don't think there are any drop-off locations at the port-I couldn't find one when I was looking.

Good luck

Rented with Alamo in April. THey do provide a shuttle to the port.

REnted with Budget in June. They provide shuttle only to the airport, then you are responsible for getting a taxi to the port ($21.00 for 4... there went that deal!)

Would do ALamo out again, but get a shuttle at the curb after debarkation... just a heck of alot easier.

A~:)

Archived