Veterans Discount

sweetannie

Just read in another thread that Carnival is offering a sizable discount for veterans. Not required to be retired or active duty.

Anyone aware if NCL is doing the same thing?

Yes, NCL does offer military rates (also known as Interline rates- which airline employees are eligible for). I'm sure their only available on certain sailings though :confused: , not all.

How does one find out about military discounts for cruises? Is this generally something that TAs should know about? We've had the same TA for 15 years and she knows that my hubby is a veteran and never mentioned it to us. Is this something new? I don't think I've ever seen anything posted on any cruiseline websites. Since I've been reading these boards the last few weeks, I sure have been calling my TA alot. :D We have a cruise coming up the end of October on the Dawn and are already booked. Do you think we could get a military discount, or do they do it just on new bookings? Is it worth it to bother my TA again about this new finding?

Yes, NCL does offer military rates (also known as Interline rates- which airline employees are eligible for). .

Glad to hear there are military rates (which I had heard of previously) but do they apply to veterans? And if so are they retired veterans or all?

-Monte

:confused:

How does one find out about military discounts for cruises? Is this generally something that TAs should know about? We've had the same TA for 15 years and she knows that my hubby is a veteran and never mentioned it to us. Is this something new? I don't think I've ever seen anything posted on any cruiseline websites. Since I've been reading these boards the last few weeks' date=' I sure have been calling my TA alot. :D We have a cruise coming up the end of October on the Dawn and are already booked. Do you think we could get a military discount, or do they do it just on new bookings? Is it worth it to bother my TA again about this new finding?[/quote']

I looked into the rates on some t/a websites, but I only saw these discounts for July & August on the Dawn (there were some from July-Oct on different ships). But I think if there is a military rate & it is lower than what you paid that NCL will only protect the prices if you haven't reached final payment yet... & I'm also not sure if all t/a's can book these rates or only certain one's or if you can book directly

Archived