Questions? Spirit out of New York in Feb.

Thinking about taking a 10 day cruise out of New York on the Spirit in Feb. 2006. Wondering if anyone has any advice that has taken a cruise in Feb. out of New York.

We normally cruise out of Florida but New York is only a 8 hour drive compared to a 21 hour drive to Florida.

Questions:

1. How long until you hit very warm weather? My wifes goal for cruising is to lay out by the pool.

2. We have 2 children 12,16. are there many children on a 10 day cruise in feb.?

3. Any other comments would be appreciated.

I went on my first cruise in Feb. of this year on the Dawn. It was very cold when we left and the first full day at sea....but by Monday night we were out on the deck with just a light sweater. By Tuesday morning it was 75 degrees and beautiful in Port Caneveral. We went to Cocoa Beach all day (quite a sunburn too!)

I can't say much about sitting by the pool - we never used it. We did a beach day in almost every port so there was no need...

You will have a GREAT time.... As far as the number of children on board .... we went during the February break period so there were over 700 children on our trip...Just what a teacher wants to see on her vacation!;) But they were all very well-behaved and we rarely saw them - great kids program!

we went on our first cruise out of new york in feb 2005 on the Dawn. my kids are 12 and 14. they loved the activities on board and were never bored. we left befor the school break, but there was still kids there that they made friends with and hated to leave the last day of the cruise. Being from new york the weather was warm even at 70. My daughter at age 12 was to young for the teen group but could join in the activities as long as she was with my 14 yr. old son. I was amazed that the teens went to some of the shows on their own, and were very well behaved. Highly recommend the beverage bracelets and id holder for their room cards. Also you can deactivate the room card so they dont charge anything on it by accident....;)

Archived