Brooklyn Pier (Red Hook)

laughing husky

Just wanted to let everyone know that I left on a New England/Canada cruise about a week ago.....from Brooklyn. I decided to stay at the Comfort Inn in Red Hook. It was very clean, neat, close to the pier and they had a shuttle that took everyone there. There were lots of people who were unsure about the area and so they didn't leave the hotel, however, a 2-3 block walk over to Columbia St were some absolutely great restaurants, a nice wine store....(YEH)...and very lively and crowded. Never felt threatened or the least bit apprehensive. An easy walk....and if you look up POK POK....it is the best Thai food, I have ever had. They have received record reviews for their food. I know before I went, i was a bit unsure of what to expect, but it could not have been better. It is not a 4* hotel, but it is clean, well kept, and the staff is helpful....There is also an Italian deli that is open just around the corner if you do not want the breakfast in the hotel....They have great egg and pepper breakfast sandwiches....enough for a day...:)

Archived