Formal nights: Princess vs RCCL

vmom

We've been on 2 RCCL cruises and one on Princess about 8 years ago. Our 4th is on the Carribean Princess Aug 13th

By my limited observations and from reading these comments, seems to me the formal nights on the Princess ships are more formal that what we experienced on RCCL.

We were on the Navigator of the Seas April 2004 and found we all felt way overdressed on formal nights. Most people wore what I would refer to as "sunday clothes" where as we all wore "after 5" type clothing. Friends were on a new RCCL ship in April 2004 and they said they all felt overdressed in "after 5" wear also and that a large number of men wore shirt and tie, no jacket.

Wondered if everything has just gotten more casual all over, or if the RCCL crowd dresses less formally???

Having not been on RCCL yet and only Princess, I have noticed that formal nights on Princess are just what it says "formal night". There are about 50/50 men wearing tuxes and others suits. Women are wearing gowns of the like and not after 5 clothes.

P.S. My after 5 clothes are my pajamas ;)

On a Cairbbean sailling, there is more of a mix... For ladies, you will see long gowns, cocktail dresses, after 5, sun dresses, you name it...

By the way we will be on the same ship with you guys.

I'm sailing with my 10 year old DS and a friend and his 12 year old.

Cruzbabe,

That's great! I can't wait till Aug 13th! Sailing with husband and 3 daughters (22, 20, and 14)...they love to dress up! and will be glad they can wear floor length gowns without feeling out of place.

Just hoping for no storms or hurricanes. The current weather situation there has me rattled.

Archived