St Maarten day?

c-leg5

We are in St Maarten on November 11th and were wondering since this is a public holiday how this will impact our visit?

Specifically, will the zoo and butterfly farm be closed? Will there be parades in St Phillipsburg that will cause delays travelling to or from Little Bay? Will there be events on the Boardwalk?

I have tried Google but it doesn't seem as though the schedule has been finalized yet for this year so I am trying to find out what is the norm.

Good timing.

The local newspaper, The Daily Herald, featured an article in yesterday's paper titled "Committee Releases Schedule for St. Maarten Day Activities" http://www.thedailyherald.com/index.php/islands/1-islands-news/43147-committee-releases-schedule-for-st-maarten-day-activities.html

The article does not address businesses that will be closed, but the Zoo and Butterfly MAY be closed on that day.

There will be events, including parades, in various locations, but a taxi should be able to get from the Cruise Facility to Divi Little Bay without too much trouble, or your other mentioned destinations if they are open.

I've reached out to my island friend Barbara for verification.

gary

Good timing.

The local newspaper, The Daily Herald, featured an article in yesterday's paper titled "Committee Releases Schedule for St. Maarten Day Activities" http://www.thedailyherald.com/index.php/islands/1-islands-news/43147-committee-releases-schedule-for-st-maarten-day-activities.html

The article does not address businesses that will be closed, but the Zoo and Butterfly MAY be closed on that day.

There will be events, including parades, in various locations, but a taxi should be able to get from the Cruise Facility to Divi Little Bay without too much trouble, or your other mentioned destinations if they are open.

I've reached out to my island friend Barbara for verification.

gary

My friend says that the Zoo will be open (she's on the board) and she believes that the Butterfly Farm will be open, as well.

gary

Thanks!

• 3 months later...