El Cheapo calling

Pretty sure I read it somewhere on this forum but for the life of me, can't locate the thread.

I recall someone mentioned about some 16 oz cup you can buy while on board. You can then go to one of the bars, order your cocktail, give the bartender the 16 oz cup, end result is you pay for a regular priced 12 oz cocktail and receives a 16 oz one instead, again at no extra cost.

My Mrs. and I are doing the Breeze December 1, 2013. We both like the CCL cocktails but can't handle the Cheers package (we drink casually but really can't drink too much, just don't have the stomach for it).

Thanks for any help available out there.

Pretty sure I read it somewhere on this forum but for the life of me, can't locate the thread.

I recall someone mentioned about some 16 oz cup you can buy while on board. You can then go to one of the bars, order your cocktail, give the bartender the 16 oz cup, end result is you pay for a regular priced 12 oz cocktail and receives a 16 oz one instead, again at no extra cost.

My Mrs. and I are doing the Breeze December 1, 2013. We both like the CCL cocktails but can't handle the Cheers package (we drink casually but really can't drink too much, just don't have the stomach for it).

Thanks for any help available out there.

I think you are referring to refills for the soda package - not adult beverages.

The soda card is supposed to be a 12 oz glass from the bar - but if you give them on of the Carnival insulated "bubbles" cup they will fill it instead. I think it's more than 12 oz - not sure its really 16. ;)

No I don't think he is talking about the soda cups - at the Blue Iguana bar on the Glory in June they had a 16 oz Souvenir cup you could buy and then all your refills in it are the regular 12 oz price. I think the cup is $10.

Thanks for the menu 's, looking forward to quite a few frosty drinks on our next cruise.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

Thanks fuddrules, you made my day!

Just a few more questions, hope you don't mind:

- would they honor that 16 oz glass deal at bars other than the 2 you so kindly indicated? If NO, those 2 specific ones, are they open fairly late, i.e. say 1 am? We'll on deck 2 with cove balcony, like to have a few drinks out there! We are closer to the bar at the lobby (deck 3).

- would they water things down (i.e. simply gives you more virgin cocktail mix with no additional booze added)?

I know we are not talking big money here but every penny help these days, thanks again (and for everyone here too).

- would they honor that 16 oz glass deal at bars other than the 2 you so kindly indicated? If NO, those 2 specific ones, are they open fairly late, i.e. say 1 am? We'll on deck 2 with cove balcony, like to have a few drinks out there! We are closer to the bar at the lobby (deck 3).

- would they water things down (i.e. simply gives you more virgin cocktail mix with no additional booze added)?

I know we are not talking big money here but every penny help these days, thanks again (and for everyone here too).

AFAIK, you can get the refill deal at any bar, but it has to be for a frozen drink. Not sure if they'd water the drink down or not... but I bet an extra tip here or there might have an effect on that.

Retiringworkingstiff We are on the Dec 1 sailing as well in a cove balcony, I am so glad to see this post any way to save a few coins is a help.. 50 days to go

Retiringworkingstiff We are on the Dec 1 sailing as well in a cove balcony, I am so glad to see this post any way to save a few coins is a help.. 50 days to go

Great, if you see someone with a natural tan (i.e. overworked with what looks like a Chinese decent), say hello and we'll buy each other a drink!

If those are the ones, I will be in heaven, like CruzLover80 after he (or maybe a she) is done with the 101 oz proposition!

Yup a She who loves beer and football... my husband's dream! It's a little over 8 beers... I think I (I mean we) can handle that. :D

If those are the ones, I will be in heaven, like CruzLover80 after he (or maybe a she) is done with the 101 oz proposition!

I haven't seen those but it's possible they exist on the Breeze as a special.

BTW - We are on the Dream in December and I've already told our group that I'll buy the first 101. Modelo from the Blue Iguana will be the likely choice.

Archived