Hilton New Orleans Riverside

Perini3

Typical Hilton, overpriced but handy to Canal St and some river views. The relative distance to the port does not change the cab fare, costs the same to take a cab from there as it does from any of the close by convention center hotels and close by Canal St.

Walking is pretty much out of the question unless your cruising without luggage.

I am at the Riverside right now. Room is spotless & bed is super comfy. There is a trolley stop right outside the hotel for the blue line that runs down to the Jackson Square area. Rsullivan is right that it is somewhat overpriced for what you are getting. But that is N.O. for you, so there you go. The room is no nicer than any Embassy Suites that I have stayed in. One thing to be aware of if you do stay here, the rooms facing the tracks hear the noise of passing trains. We are on the 3rd floor and heard several trains last night. I probably should have asked to be moved, but my dd used earplugs last night & didnt wake when the trains passed. I thought I would borrow some from her tonight.

Tomorrow we will be on the Jewel for 7 nights, can't wait!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I stayed there in Jan. 2012 for 3 nights. I was lucky and got a great deal on the hotel. It is nice but I never would have paid the rack rate for it. There was no wi-fi in the room (can't remember if I could get it by paying more). I took my laptop to the lobby many times to log on. Breakfast was expensive. I think I paid about $8.00 for a muffin and latte. That was the only time we ate there. Harrahs had a Starbucks and we'd grab that in the morning on our way out to wherever we were headed.

That being said the hotel was very nice. The room was kept clean and it is in a very awesome spot if you prefer to walk - which we did a lot of. It was cool to walk across the street and watch the river traffic. The Riverwalk took up part of a day but it is closed for renovations right now. I'd stay there again if I could get the same rate as before but it isn't coming up even close for me this next time around.

We stayed there for a week. It's nice but it's an older hotel. Some people don't care for character and want something that's very modern and doesn't show its age at all. If you love seafood it has a great seafood restaurant (Drago's) downstairs. They have a nice breakfast/buffet selection.

The rooms are small and have too much furniture in them from my experience but you can find some rooms with a spectacular view of the Mississippi. The rooms are clean, the staff is great! Bernard from Bernard's Tours in St. Maarten used to work there. :)

Also, if you have HHonors, they have a really nice executive lounge if you are staying in that tower of the hotel.

ROOM

385742_10150659471132765_875470673_n.jpg

582103_10150659469587765_525182593_n.jpg

535484_10150659469732765_1216310897_n.jpg

EXECUTIVE LOUNGE

521607_10150659477602765_614004964_n.jpg

The port is literally a walk away from the hotel...(ignore DH's antics)

574966_10150659478302765_1377155366_n.jpg

Archived