Room Service on Carnival Spirit questions

Hi Everyone ,

What a lovely day today is !:D

Was wondering about the room service on the Carnival Spirit,has anyone who has been on Carnival Spirit and ordered /or noticed anything via room service ,what is their menu like ? Does it have anything that I really need to try :)? prices?

Cheers Deb

Hi Everyone ,

What a lovely day today is !:D

Was wondering about the room service on the Carnival Spirit,has anyone who has been on Carnival Spirit and ordered /or noticed anything via room service ,what is their menu like ? Does it have anything that I really need to try :)? prices?

Cheers Deb

The room service is quite small (not many items) and there is a charge per item. We didnt bother and just brought plates from the buffet back to our room. Even after our son went to sleep one of us would duck up to the buffet and grab ice cream and a drink and bring it back. Soft serve + wine on our room balcony was lovely each evening!

The room service is quite small (not many items) and there is a charge per item. We didnt bother and just brought plates from the buffet back to our room. Even after our son went to sleep one of us would duck up to the buffet and grab ice cream and a drink and bring it back. Soft serve + wine on our room balcony was lovely each evening!

Thanks mtn _couple ,it sounds like a great idea ..:)

cheers Deb :D

• 1 month later...
The room service is quite small (not many items) and there is a charge per item. We didnt bother and just brought plates from the buffet back to our room.

Agree. We didn't feel anything inspired us enough to pay extra. In any event, there was always so much available to eat that the thought of having more delivered to the room never arose.

Thank you so much we will need a powerboard. :-)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Forums mobile app

Don't know if Carnival has imposed it yet, but Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have now banned powerboards as a fire hazard and looked at you like you were some kind of monster if you attempted to bring one onboard and confiscated it straight away :p

Maybe give Carnival a buzz to see what their stance is on this before you bother taking one.

Don't know if Carnival has imposed it yet, but Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have now banned powerboards as a fire hazard and looked at you like you were some kind of monster if you attempted to bring one onboard and confiscated it straight away :p

Maybe give Carnival a buzz to see what their stance is on this before you bother taking one.

its been posted on facebook that a powerboard is ok on carnival & p&o

Thank you both for your advice I suppose I will have to check with Cruise Salefinder agent before we go. :-)

The frustration I have now, is trying to find out about on-shore excursions. Should we go through the independant tourist groups on the islands or Carnival Spirit? Which way did you guys do it? Thanks again for your advice. :thumbup:

The frustration I have now, is trying to find out about on-shore excursions. Should we go through the independant tourist groups on the islands or Carnival Spirit? Which way did you guys do it? Thanks again for your advice. :thumbup:

Independent certainly saves money and there are less people slowing you down. We noticed on our last trip that at Vanuatu, Carnival deliberately tried to make it impossible for the passengers to get to their independent driver by not telling anyone the driver was there - and not letting anyone out of the gate to find their driver. I'm hoping this has now been fixed.

Independent certainly saves money and there are less people slowing you down. We noticed on our last trip that at Vanuatu, Carnival deliberately tried to make it impossible for the passengers to get to their independent driver by not telling anyone the driver was there - and not letting anyone out of the gate to find their driver. I'm hoping this has now been fixed.

We organized independent trips in Vila over the internet which worked fine. No hassles with getting out of the gate. Our first driver was a bit late, which worried us, but another operator called them for us. They were just delayed because of the heavy rain that morning (the roads are not spectacular).

In Isle of Pines, a lot of people did ship tours but independents were easy to find near the beach and lagoon.

In Noumea, just book an independent from the many where the shuttle bus drops you off.

Where on the internet did you pre-book please?:)

If you are going to Port Vila, we found Atmosphere Tours to be quite good. We had two families in a minibus and went around the island to a range of places for fairly OK-ish $ (We had the Round Island Tour) http://www.atmosphere-vanuatu.com

If you're going to Noumea then you can pick from the tours available at the information centre - certainly wouldn't book these from the Ship.

For the smaller islands I'm not sure if it's worth doing anything too complicated. I'm going to Isle of Pines this time and am still unsure whether to do a tour or just snorkel. On Lifou we just walked to the snorkelling area on the other side of the island.

It depends what you want/need the power board for, I phoned RCCI and Celebrity (I'm cruising on both next year) and was told to bring a power board and extension cord with me as my hubby uses a CPAP machine otherwise he stops breathing when sleeping.... Pretty important we are allowed to bring one with us. Was also told if we forgot or it wasn't long enough that stateroom stewards kept a few spare. Also had no problems (wasn't even questioned) when I took one on Carnival Spirit last year (but we do carry both the CPAP and a doctors letter with us just in case it's questioned.

Thank you paulvdb1 for your great help and quick responses. Feel like we are sitting over a coffee chatting, some of the other forums are huge. :-) I have a better way of researching the tours with your advice. So looking forward to the cruise, but as a pensioner, I have to watch the cents. :-)

Back to the original Post re. Room Service.

Minimum on the menu.

Was absolutely dumbfounded when I learnt that you have to pay.

Even for Breakfast, you have to pay. On previous cruises (not carnival) it has been great to order virtually whatever you want for Room Service Breakfast on Port Days when you want a quick and early breakfast , and not have to pay a cent..

Yes I agree that it is sad that they charge. It would have been nice to endulge for one breakfast. :( I just hope, as an insomniac, that there will be somewhere quiet outside the cabin to sit and drink coffee at 3 am or for an early breakfast at 6:30 am. :-). Did you need any other currency on the cruise or the islands? Were Aussie dollars and credit cards enough?

Yes I agree that it is sad that they charge. It would have been nice to endulge for one breakfast. :( I just hope, as an insomniac, that there will be somewhere quiet outside the cabin to sit and drink coffee at 3 am or for an early breakfast at 6:30 am. :-). Did you need any other currency on the cruise or the islands? Were Aussie dollars and credit cards enough?

Yes Aussie Dollars all I used. Some Islands will give you change in local , but you can use small change to buy local trinkets or just donate it.

MasterCard no use on Islands but OK at Pt Vila or larger places.

Edited by jveevers

I am going with my best friend Debbie and we will be in cabin 1198, an inner twin cabin. We chose it as the centre bottom of the boat. Which cabins have you been in or are booked on?

We booked what was the cheapest cabin on offer. A "guaranteed Balcony" at less than AUD$200- per day for 2.. Very possible that we would get a low cabin with life-boat obstructions of view.

Very surprised to get a cabin on a middle deck with an extended balcony, up front with nothing but sea below us, and no obstruction.