Best place to snorkel ( Nassau, Grandt Turks or Half Moon Cay) ?

Gabruska

Searching for the best spot to snorkel on our upcoming cruise ....Nassau, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay? Are there rentals available at the ports? Thank you. Deciding if to buy our own or rent the gear? Rental price? Snorkel Excursion suggestions with kids 8,10) Thanks

Rental equipment is available at all ports. GT probably has the best snorkeling, there is a drop off, but I'm not sure it would be great for kids. HMC doesn't have great snorkeling off the beach, but I think the excursions are decent. Good luck with choosing and have fun.

Searching for the best spot to snorkel on our upcoming cruise ....Nassau, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay? Are there rentals available at the ports? Thank you. Deciding if to buy our own or rent the gear? Rental price? Snorkel Excursion suggestions with kids 8,10) Thanks

Nassau with Stuart Cove:

http://www.dive-bahamas.com/stuartcovebookingengine/index.aspx

“Snorkel Bahamas Adventure” is a 5-½ hour trip operated by Stuart’s Cove. On a previous excursion I went on the impressive Athol Island snorkel. This Stuart’s Cove outing surpassed all of my previous experiences, including Athol Island. The boat trip is @ three hours, and visits Schoolhouse Reef, the spectacular Golden Key Reef and finally a “swim with the sharks” at ‘The Wreck of the Bahama Mama’. I have never before witnessed such a number and variety of fish as at Golden Key. There are never-ending fish, large and small, singly and in large schools. The floor is decorated with huge, magnificent coral formations of all shapes and sizes. While there, a shark cruised past our group. He obviously thought this was his ocean and didn’t know, nor care, that we weren’t scheduled for a shark encounter until after Golden Key. Surprisingly, getting in with a dozen or so sharks is not frightening. I suspect we were too caught up with their grace and magnificence to be scared. The crew drops a bait bucket on the bottom, about fifteen to twenty feet deep. We float above them, watching the sharks feed. Best of all is when we return to the boat. A crew member baits the end of a metal pole holding it in the air over the aft end. The sharks leap up to grab the treat. It's amazing how graceful they are. The sharks, not the crew members.

This is a five star, gold medallion trip!

Archived