WaterWorks on the Magic

Thecrush

Sailing on the Magic in one week -- can't wait. We sailed on the Conquest a couple years ago in June and the kids were disappointed that the slide was never open. The staff said it was too windy, but it was even closed in port with no breeze (very muggy day).

Do they close the slides and ropes course on the Magic due to wind? I have seen some youtube videos that seem to have quite a bit of wind, but you never know.

I tried to look at various posts about WaterWorks, but couldn't find anything about this one.

Thanks!

Sailing on the Magic in one week -- can't wait. We sailed on the Conquest a couple years ago in June and the kids were disappointed that the slide was never open. The staff said it was too windy, but it was even closed in port with no breeze (very muggy day).

Do they close the slides and ropes course on the Magic due to wind? I have seen some youtube videos that seem to have quite a bit of wind, but you never know.

I tried to look at various posts about WaterWorks, but couldn't find anything about this one.

Thanks!

The ropes course gets closed fairly often due to wind but the water slides didn't seem to have the same issue. Have a great trip!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On my Magic sailing, the ropes course was never open when we were at sea because of the winds. However, the waterslides remained open during all operating hours. It would get very very very very very windy up there, but it stayed open. The strong winds kept some people from going up there, which allowed me to ride more.;) It sounds like your experience on the Conquest was probably due to either lazy workers or being understaffed.

In 4 cruises on ships just like the Magic, the waterslides were only closed twice: once because it was so very cold on embarkation day, and once because of very high winds (but that only lasted half the day). Plus, of course, when there were storms.

Archived