Tampa Mariott Airport question

Mugsy1976

Hello! We are booked on the Carnival Miracle from tampa in Nov. We are staying at the mariott airport tampa hotel the night before embarkation. I was just curious to know if anyone has stayed here previously...if it is nice & if there is any transportation to the pier? We have never been to tampa & asked out TA to set us up with a place that was OK & this is what she gave us. I was just looking for any info! Thanks so much! Jill:)

Sorry, can't help you with the hotel, but was curious which week you will be cruising on the Miracle. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what was the rate your TA got for your pre-cruise stay?

We are sailing on the Thanksgiving cruise and have yet to get our pre-cruise hotel or air arrangements made.

A~:)

We haven't stayed there in years, but when we did it was very nice. You come off the plane, take the shuttle to mainside and walk down a corridor right into the hotel. There's a nice restaurant on the main floor. You'll see it as you walk to the desk. There's also a real nice restaurant called CKs at the top floor of the hotel that circles around. Kind of pricey, but nice. There's also a good restaurant right in the airport. I think it's Ruby Tuesdays. We've travelled all over the world and the Tampa airport is the best. So easy to get around.

Lynn

We stayed there last May and thought it was very nice. It can be pricey during the week as they cater to a lot of biz travelers, but we got a rate in the area of $100 for a fri nite. That included bfast buffet the next morning which was one of the best hotel bfast buffets I have ever been to. Excellent service and they came around and refilled not only your coffee but juices as well.

Given the right price I would definitely stay there again.

We stayed at the Tampa Marriott on Monday... for 4 hours!!! What I can tell you is the rooms are nice, and the hotel is literally "in" the airport which worked well for us. After we checked out we walked (ok stumbeled half asleep) down the hall and down the elevator, checked into the airline (Delta Song), gave them our bags, and went up the elevator to catch the tram to take us to the main terminal.

I don't know if they offer shuttles or not. There were 5 of us so we needed 2 rooms at $169 per night (and that was with the AAA discount). When the reservation were finally made (we were stuck because of Hurricane Dennis) I didn't care how much we paid, I just wanted a place to crash for a few hours!

Archived