Poutine on Princess?

e71465

I've never seen it in the Horizon Court or the MDR menu.

You could ask the Horizon Court staff at lunch if that can make some for you. They have fries and gravy everyday , it's just the cheese curds they'll need.

I guess it is a good thing I got my Poutine fix settled in New Brunswick when I was up there a few weeks ago :D

I ended up making a pseudo poutine on one of the Princes cruises I was on. Fries from the Grill of course and the gravy from the buffet. The chesse was the hardest part. I couldn't get curds but asked the guy at the pizzeria to give me some cheese. He looked at me like I had two heads and said "you know it is frozen, right?". Anyway, I put the three together and the gravy did warm the cheese enough that it was passable for this Maritime Canadian. You do have to wait a while to get the cheese to thaw enough LOL. The cheese are actually small globs so it is not that far off what curds would look like.

I've never seen Poutine on Princess. But it wouldn't surprise me to see it on a New England cruise that went to Canada. Last Alaska cruise we were on they had reindeer chili (that is the only cruise I'd seen that on).

I'm very fond of Poutine and make it at home about once a month.

I know the Québécois are going to fry me, but my favorite poutine is at my local Costco in Edmonton, Canada! Now, mind you, I've yet to go to Quebec on a quest for the perfect poutine....

Not gonna fry you, just sad that I did not know that when I visited your beautiful city. Have a great time discovering the ones in our province and maybe compare the Costco ones ;).

As far as getting cheese for the Princess poutine, maybe the MDR would have some cheeses that would work better...( and if someone is about to get ready to fry me for the suggestion, I'll add : on formal night :) ).

Bon appetit !

I know the Québécois are going to fry me, but my favorite poutine is at my local Costco in Edmonton, Canada! Now, mind you, I've yet to go to Quebec on a quest for the perfect poutine....

That's ok my favorite we can get here is from New York fries, lol, finally one opening in fort mcmurray!

We tried smokes poutine in Toronto, not impressed at all, dry and flavorless so stay away from there!

The best we ever had was at a mom and pop place in northern Ontario close to the Ontario Quebec border, it was amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Does anyone know if they serve Poutine on Princess? I want to try it and I thought they might have it on the Crown in December. So I was just wondering if anyone has ever had it on a Princess ship? It sounds so good!! :p

For those of you who don't know what Poutine is, it's a common Canadian dish, originally from Quebec, made with french fries, topped with a light brown gravy-like sauce and cheese curds.

never seem it or my grandkids would have lived on them...

That's ok my favorite we can get here is from New York fries, lol, finally one opening in fort mcmurray!

We tried smokes poutine in Toronto, not impressed at all, dry and flavorless so stay away from there!

The best we ever had was at a mom and pop place in northern Ontario close to the Ontario Quebec border, it was amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey, ruffiangirl, I lived in Thickwood during my jr high/high school years in the 80's! A close friend up is still there (registrar's office at Keyano) and I got her hooked on cruising three yrs and two cruises ago!

Hey, ruffiangirl, I lived in Thickwood during my jr high/high school years in the 80's! A close friend up is still there (registrar's office at Keyano) and I got her hooked on cruising three yrs and two cruises ago!

We have been up here for 8 years now!

And just to stay on topic nu2eryha.jpg

Mmmm

Tina and the gang!

We have been up here for 8 years now!

And just to stay on topic nu2eryha.jpg

Mmmm

Tina and the gang!

No, no, the parsley is all wrong! There can't be a hint of anything remotely healthy in poutine!

I've actually seen cheese curds meant for poutine on sale at the deli section of our local Sobey's. Sorry, everyone, but the cheese found in the HC isn't going to cut it (bad pun intended). :mad:D

lor74 --

Where is the best poutine in Quebec City to be found? Going to be there in 12 days!!

Merci!

In Montreal, I would suggest a restaurant chain called, "La Belle Province". They may have them in Quebec City.

Archived