Excellent OBC - what if fairy calls?

2tnts

It depends on several factors.

If the OBC is as a result of an NCL Promotion at the time you booked, then yes, you will definitely lose the OBC.

If the OBC is from your TA, then no you will not lose it.

An upsell, or a self-upgrade to take advantage of better pricing nearly always results in the loss of any NCL Promotional OBC. There are rare exceptions.

You shouldn't lose your OBC if it is a true upsell. That is if NCL called you with an offer. If you call it depends. I just upgraded to a 2br suite from a mini & I had booked during kids sail free. The kids are still sailing free I just did not get the $75 OBC being offered now.

Your positive outlook is infectious and always refreshing. Please... don't stop.

How-To-Facebook-Like-Your-Google-Search.jpg

You shouldn't lose your OBC if it is a true upsell. That is if NCL called you with an offer. If you call it depends. I just upgraded to a 2br suite from a mini & I had booked during kids sail free. The kids are still sailing free I just did not get the $75 OBC being offered now.

If you book under a "Kids sail free" promo, this will not change at the time of an upsell. OBC is a completely different story, and MOST will lose their NCL OBC if they accept an upsell.

I am positive and hopeful. I have gotten up sells in the past but did not have OBC as an issue.

I got $500 OBC right now. Not going to give up the bucks, that's drink, spa....$.

Lose $500 plus pay an additional amount - no.

But I would pay a small increase if the OBC is spared.

If u self-upgrade you do not lose any promos on res... bcs you are just upgrading category it does not change the effective date on the booking.

This is not accurate. In many cases when one upgrades they are effectively cancelling and rebooking, especially if the upgrade is done after final payment.

This is not accurate. In many cases when one upgrades they are effectively cancelling and rebooking, especially if the upgrade is done after final payment.

I need to disagree, we have upgraded several times after final payment and never have had to cancel and rebook.

I need to disagree, we have upgraded several times after final payment and never have had to cancel and rebook.

I might have to agree with your disagreement. I may have been thinking of a booking where I had to change the date and ship...

Forget I said anything... :)

If the upsell fairy calls, you won't lose your OBC.

This (fortunately) happened to us last year and we retained OBC.

I'm very happy to hear this, because earlier this year we upgraded ourselves from an SC to an S4 on the Jewel when pricing came down after final payment. I had to fight tooth and nail to keep my OBC.

I was booked through a PCC and he had to get a supervisor involved in order for this to happen. They kept telling him that because I was paying a reduced rate for the new suite that I would lose the OBC. I stood my ground and would not commit to the upgrade until they gave me what I wanted.

When the supervisor finally got on the phone with me I asked her whether she would like me to pay the current price for the suite and keep my OBC, or whether it would be smarter for NCL to lose even more money by trying to upsell someone into it the week before the cruise for a fraction of what I was willing to pay right then. She saw the logic in my question and made it happen. It was ridiculously frustrating.

I am sailing in a few weeks, final payment already past. I have $170 in OBC, $100 from HSN promo and $70 from NCL promo when I booked. I recently noticed the cost of my current cabin decreased and the cost of the spa mini did as well (spa mini is now going for less than what I paid for my mid ship mini). I called and asked to be upgraded to the spa mini and they did it. My OBC still shows on my page and was still listed on my confirmation so I think it's still in tact. Plus.... I planned to buy the spa passes so saved me an additional $400 :).

Hope the upsell fairy visits you. Enjoy your trip

Archived