Help with cabin category 1A on Freedom

Bluetothecore

We're booked to go on the Freedom with family in Feb 2014.

Our Travel Agent has assured us that the cabins we have been allocated definitely have twin beds which can be moved to make a king-size.

Having checked some deck plans on here, the 2 cabins in question 8357 & 7345 would appear to have bunks.

I don't mind so much but there's an 80 yr old couple booked into 7345 which isn't great if the cabin has bunks.

Can anyone categorically confirm the bedding arrangements in these 2 cabins on Freedom?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

QUOTE=Bluetothecore;40316224]We're booked to go on the Freedom with family in Feb 2014.

Our Travel Agent has assured us that the cabins we have been allocated definitely have twin beds which can be moved to make a king-size.

Having checked some deck plans on here, the 2 cabins in question 8357 & 7345 would appear to have bunks.

I don't mind so much but there's an 80 yr old couple booked into 7345 which isn't great if the cabin has bunks.

Twin bed with upper pullman in both cabins

Can anyone categorically confirm the bedding arrangements in these 2 cabins on Freedom?

They are both interior rooms with twin bed and a drop down bunk.

8357_zps43e39893.jpg

Might want the TA to fix that.....

Edited by HO HO

Thanks a lot for your help.

When you say twin bed with bunk, am I right in assuming that the overhead bunk would only be folded down in the case where 3 people are occupying the cabin?

We're booked to go on the Freedom with family in Feb 2014.

maybe this can help

Cabin 8357 1A 185 sq ft

Beds: 1 twin-1 upper

View: no window or balcony

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; chair and coffee table

Non-smoking

Cabin 7345 1A 185 sq ft

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; chair and coffee table

Non-smoking

the only cabins 1A cat with no upper are on deck 2 with twin and a single sofa..

Both cabins are classified 1a, however they have 2 TWINS ON THE FLOOR!! YES, IVE STAYED IN BOTH- THEY ARE THE BEST BARGAIN !!! Search the everything 1a thread and this will be confirmed by numerous reports with pictures!

I agree it has 2 twins on the floor. You cant trust the deckplan descriptions

This is a link to the 1a thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=839087

Edited by Caribbean King1

Thanks a lot for your help.

When you say twin bed with bunk, am I right in assuming that the overhead bunk would only be folded down in the case where 3 people are occupying the cabin?

a twin bed in the US is a single bed.....it's a two person cabin....

I share your Highland blueness, although a generation displaced :)

Both cabins are classified 1a, however they have 2 TWINS ON THE FLOOR!! YES, IVE STAYED IN BOTH- THEY ARE THE BEST BARGAIN !!! Search the everything 1a thread and this will be confirmed by numerous reports with pictures!

Found on another thread:

Ok everyone, room 8357, has 2 twin beds made into a king or queen(whatever the 2 of them togethor make) This room is great. I don't believe they can be separated, because of the space of the room. There might also be a upper bed, but that can not be used because of the way the queen bed

The photo on the Carnival website obviously is wrong....there are now two twin beds that are pushed together to make a king...

Because of the configuration of the room with 2 twins on the floor (which is a certainty since I have stayed in both rooms) the upper bunk cannot be used since the ladder would come down on top of one of the beds. To me it is as good as any inside room.

This is not correct.

QUOTE=Bluetothecore;40316224]We're booked to go on the Freedom with family in Feb 2014.

Twin bed with upper pullman in both cabins

8357_zps43e39893.jpg

Not true on the Conquest class.

maybe this can help

Cabin 8357 1A 185 sq ft

Non-smoking

Cabin 7345 1A 185 sq ft

Non-smoking

the only cabins 1A cat with no upper are on deck 2 with twin and a single sofa..

The descriptions in the above threads are incorrect. They definitely have 2 twins on the floor with an unusable bunk. 6393,7345, and 8357 are all the same. 2 twins on the floor. It has been verified by many on this website many times. Many of the PVP's are unaware of the mistake in the written descriptions.

• 2 months later...