Rum on board

CruzSuz

I will be sailing on the Serenade of the Seas on 11/26/05. Can I bring a bottle of rum on board or will it be confiscated? Also, how much is a set-up in your stateroom. I hear the prices are reasonable, and if so, how reasonable? :p Thanks for any info.

We also brought on our own liquor on our last cruise. Did not have a problem at all. Put it in your checked luggage, and make sure it won't break. Not sure about the set up's. We also brought our own sodas to mix. The cabin steward never said anything, I'm sure they see it all the time.

If you're going on NCL they x-ray ALL bags and pull bags they see with any type of booze. You get a note to go to a place to get your bag. When there you are told to remove the booze and give to them. Then we had to go get that bottle and booze we bought, same place, last morning before we got to port. None was delivered to our cabin last night. And I had a 1.5 litre of wine. They tried to charge me twice the corkage fee as the bottle was bigger. (Spoke to bar manager and he reduced it to one charge.) Its too bad they charge so much now for a drink. They get it for practically nothing!

Archived