Corona Beach

Khloella

DH and I are going to Progresso in December. I've researched and figured out that we can ride the free shuttle to the end of the pier and then walk to the beach. Once we get there though are there chairs and umbrellas? What are the drink and food prices like? We're thinking about just doing this on our own, but depending on the prices we may just book with Carnival.

I don't think there is a tour. You are on the right track, take the shuttle. Walk to the beach and enjoy there are plenty of places on the beach you can relax, eat and drink at.

Keep one thing in mind, you will have to put up with vendors, vendors and more vendors trying to sell you items.

Just go to Google Earth or Google maps and you can see for yourself.

What is termed Corona Beach break through the ships is about $40 PP for the beach and chairs and all the Corona beer you want to drink. We have done this, but would not again, as it is right by the pier. The beach is not pretty at all..You can just go down a little farther and find a spot at one of the restaurants where they will serve you by the water and you would get quite bombed if you spent $80 for two people...Just my opinion, but Corona Beach break is not very good..

Archived