Just asking? First time on NCL

hollyberry

This will bump it up for you. We were on the Wind last week and they did offer cigarettes for sale. The service charge was automatically added to our bill as a service charge--not sure about POA.

I liked freestyle better than I expected to. We only encountered a delay two nights.

I do not smoke, so I can't answer your question directly, but I don't believe they sold them in the gift shops on the ship. Of course, the shops are only open while at sea and not in port.

The thing to remember about the Aloha though is that it is port intensive and so you are in port most of the time. I know that in Kona, Hilo, and Kuaui, the Wal-Mart and K-Mart offer free shuttles to their stores. There are also other shuttles available as well to shopping areas. You can just buy your smokes in port. (probably cheaper too.) And if you have ever been to Hawaii, you know of the ABC stores. For those of you who don't: ABC stores are mini marts with tons of souveniers, magazines, beach towels, sometimes liquer, snacks, etc. (you name it, they probably have it!) The other thing about ABC stores, there seems to be one on every corner!!! (and I am not exagerating!)

The other thing about ABC stores, there seems to be one on every corner!!! (and I am not exagerating!)

I love those ABC stores! In Waikiki alone there are nearly 40 of them!:D

Will I be able to buy cigarettes on Pride of Aloha? How much do you tip? Not sure, never sailed freestyle dining before. Thanks.

I am sure you will but keep in mind this is a US cruise so no duty free. You may do better $ at Walmart onshore

I do not smoke, so I can't answer your question directly, but I don't believe they sold them in the gift shops on the ship. Of course, the shops are only open while at sea and not in port.

The thing to remember about the Aloha though is that it is port intensive and so you are in port most of the time. I know that in Kona, Hilo, and Kuaui, the Wal-Mart and K-Mart offer free shuttles to their stores. There are also other shuttles available as well to shopping areas. You can just buy your smokes in port. (probably cheaper too.) And if you have ever been to Hawaii, you know of the ABC stores. For those of you who don't: ABC stores are mini marts with tons of souveniers, magazines, beach towels, sometimes liquer, snacks, etc. (you name it, they probably have it!) The other thing about ABC stores, there seems to be one on every corner!!! (and I am not exagerating!)

So the ABC stores are kind of like 7/11's or Wawas?? You can always use one of those...

Archived