Booking a cruise while on a cruise question

bunnyfoofoo82

So, I'm thinking of booking our next cruise (planning for May) on my cruise next week. Are there any advantages to this? Disadvantages? How does the deposit work? Do they put it on my S&S card or a credit card?

Any help would have great!

Ruthie

You book your cruise onboard just as if you were at home (except with a live person and not over the phone/online). You'll pay your deposit based on whatever rate is in place at that time.

You'll get OBC based on the length:

3-5: $50

6: $75

7-11: $100

12+: $200

I just purchased while on the Conquest 10/11/13. Anna was the one that helped us.

I simply told her the cruise I was looking for, she told me the best rate. Once booked, approximately 7 days later I will find $100 OBC on my account for booking while on board.

Due to there being a promotion, my deposit was only half of the normal deposit. So deposit will be dependent on current promotion.

I was given 2 vouchers to be used by family or friends enabling them to receive $100 OBC if they book the same cruise as I in the next 30 days.

I just purchased while on the Conquest 10/11/13. Anna was the one that helped us.

I simply told her the cruise I was looking for, she told me the best rate. Once booked, approximately 7 days later I will find $100 OBC on my account for booking while on board.

Due to there being a promotion, my deposit was only half of the normal deposit. So deposit will be dependent on current promotion.

I was given 2 vouchers to be used by family or friends enabling them to receive $100 OBC if they book the same cruise as I in the next 30 days.

Anna helped us as well. This is exactly how it works.

We just did this a couple of weeks ago on the Dream and it was also just the same as above.

You can use either your S&S card or a CC for payment.

OP, I've found it's also helpful to have an idea of the deck, room etc that you want to book just to speed things along. I've found the lines to be long and the computer slow at the future cruise desk.

Also, and I don't. Now if this is specific to the person who helped me, I was automatically booked early saver. If there is an ES rate and you do or don't want to book ES, you should make that known as well.

Archived