What do you suggest?

milk&honey

My DH is returning from the war after being deployed for a year, and for our Welcome Home celebration we are taking the Land & Sea vacation on Oct.16-23. Does anyone have a suggestion as a special request to Disney to make this celebration wonderful for him? We will have our 6yr old & 8 yr old with us. Thanks in advance.

Howdy,

I personsally dont have a suggestion, but if you call DCL and ask or Guest relations, sometimes they have ideas to help with special celebrations. Once on ship if you go to guest relations you can ask for a hidden mickey clue list. There is no prize,, but as a family activity it can be really fun to see who can find all the hidden mickeys first. Most people don't know about this. If you notify the Head waiter before your cruise (DCL can tell you how) they will usually do a cake after dinner (free) for special occassions. We have done this for anniversaries, birthdays, sons graduation from college. So I see no reason why they wouldnt do it for a military homecoming too. We just told the person who did our reservations and they passed it on. But you still need to remind the waiter on the first night to make sure they got the message. Once they forgot for us, but they did it the next night. It was a lot of fun.

I'm sure no matter what you do it will still be a fantastic homecoming for him.

Of course they have gift baskets that can be waiting in the room too. I would like to suggest that you put the same post on <deleted>

It is 100% DCL on that site. People get hundreds of responses to questions there. I'm sure you will get some great ideas from those peole. It's the most active DCL site I have ever found. Plus you can get to know other people who will be on your cruise with you and the kids can make friends before you cruise. That way they will have a friend waiting for them at the kids club too.

I wish you all the luck with your cruise.

Have a magical cruise,

mom x4,grandma x4

Wow, congratulations on your hubbie's homecoming. I'm sure you can't wait to have him home and safe again.

I'm sorry I have no knowledge of DCL - just spotted your post and wanted to send my best wishes to you and your family for a happy reunion. Tell your hubby this non-American sends her thanks for the sacrifice he's made (and you too!).

!!!

Anything I can do to help you in your reunion, just ask away. I've done the land and sea twice, so I might be able to help you.

Ask away!

And give a special thanks to your husband for his courageous activity.:)

We will be staying at the Port Orleans during the land stay. Have you been there before, and any tips on the land portion? Thanks for the info and I will pass on your regards to my husband, whom we are all very proud of! Go USA!

We just returned from the Land & Sea. Ages of family DH 48 DW 36, Kids 2 girls 23 & 19 son 7.

We stayed at Disney Beach club. We did all the parks except one water park.

Magic Kingdom we went several times. The trip was a blast. We did the fast pass, so it made a little easier having to wait in line. Just a little info. If your kids like Lilo & Stich, make sure you do the Fast Pass on this . Some people waited over 90 minuites for this Show.

hhicks-

Sounds like your vacation was great! How many days were you at WDW? Did you have a hard time fitting it all in? Where did you eat at WDW, and what was your favorite place to eat on the ship? Thanks for the info. Thanks to everyone who has sent regards to my DH.

Our vacation was a blast!!!!!!! We stayed at WDW 4nights and we fit all the parks in, in only 4 days. We went to Magic Kindom three times. Sunday night Magic Kingdom, Monday Magic Kindom am & Epcot pm, Tue MGM am & mAGIC Kingdom pm. Wed am Blizzard Beach Wed pm MGM. Thursday Anminal Kingdom 8:00am untill depart to ship at 12:45pm. Every night we went to Pleasure Island to dance.

If you like seafood there is a seafood restruant in Downtown Disney its on a Boat. I went blank on name. We also eat at ESPN one night late, that food is actually good. There was only on sad thing that was happening to us. My family is a family with cut in them. Meaning Bi-Racial/ mixed. At a few places we were treated poorly and did not eat at this place.

Hey Mr. Pete

Do you think we can get all of WDW in during our 4 day land portion? Which would you recommend...3 days land/4 sea or visa versa? What were your favorites on the land and sea cruises?

We did three days land, four days sea. We also did the land first, so we got the exhausting part out of the way. We did all four parks in that time period. Spent little time in Epcot, Did most/all of the Magic Kingdom and MGM, and then did Animal Kingdom the morning of the cruise, where they pick you up and transfer you to the ship. If you do the four day, try to get the one with the extra sea day.

We stayed at the Polynesian both times, so I can't help you with your hotel.

We are heading for Orlando tomorrow. Just not sure if we'll even be hitting Disney in the heat. Maybe venture out to a water park. Or even a quick trip to Universal.:eek:

Hi there

I have been to Disney World 25 times, and only once on the Wonder. I personally would do the land first, this way your children have had a chance to see and visit with the characters. ( And be sure to do a breakfast or a dinner with the characters. )

The lines on the 3 night Wonder cruise for the characters were a little to long for my liking.

The magical atmosphere on the Wonder was spectacular in my opinion.

I have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside twice, and prefer the Magnolia Plantation area over the Alligator Bayou section. ( mansions over wilderness )

All of the rooms have been renovated in the past 18 months.

If you have any questions or want to see pics let me know

:)

Archived